Western Digital My Passport Drive. USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive.

Why is my hdd work whit USB3 but dose'n work with USB2?

When I connect my "WD my passport" external hdd to usb2 port, it dos't work and show "USB Device not recognized" erorr . but in USB3 port, show thats Erorr but I can open it and see my File!!!

Hi, USB3 ports can supply more power to a device than USB2 ports but it still seems as though there is a problem with the HDD. Try to determine if it is the PC or the HDD by trying it in another PC (both USB2 and USB3) and see what happens.

That is very strange, however let's try to fix the problem.

Would you try to go to the manufacturer's website of the computer, look for Support/Drivers and enter your model number. After that look for a download(s) and download a "Chipset" or "USB" driver package, and install that. Reboot and see if the issue persists.

If it does, it may be a problem with the computer itself and you should contact the manufacturer if it is still under warranty.

sajad eng will be eternally grateful.