Battery overheating after little use

After I use this phone for about 15 minutes of talk time the battery gets hot. I can feel the heat on my ear and my hand. It also get hot when charging. This is the third phone I have had like this and the same thing keeps happening. Is anybody else having this problem? I have just about decided to switch phones and companies.

Thanks for the advice! As for the programs running on the phone it's new and I have only downloaded one app but I will look into it. The charger is the original but I have tried others also and gotten the same result.

The sad part of it all is that I really like the phone.

Can either of you tell me the model# of the battery for this phone? I ordered it from Straight Talk and they shipped it with the wrong battery. When I called them, they assured me they would send the correct battery but never did. Alcatel will not talk to me about this phone at all because it is apparently a Straight Talk exclusive. If I can just find out what the correct battery is, I will buy one myself.

TLi020F2 with 2000mAh capacity

That is the OEM battery shipped with the phone. It's also used in other phones like the POP C7 and Fierce 2 for example, among many others. I noticed Walmart also sells it on their website. Amazon has it too but I'd be cautious as some of those sellers can be dishonest. At the very least, try to buy from a reputable/trustworthy seller. Alcatel maybe able to sell you one as well since they do support the Fierce 2 on their website, so they should have those batteries in stock.

Thank you very much.

Being that that is a smartphone, it's possible there are too many programs running. In cases like that, even Galaxy phones will start heating up. Do you have wifi or bluetooth enabled and does it do this if you restart it then talk on it? Try opening a task manager and ending some programs, then talking on it to see if that helps.

As for the charging, it is normal for it to get warm when plugged in. It is NOT normal for it to get scalding hot to the point you can't touch it. There could be a possibility the charger is faulty too and sending too much current. Try using another from a reputable brand, or borrow one, and see if you still have heating issues.

Is the charger the original, or is it from something else?

I've had three of these phone and they never had these heat problems. This is number four and having a time with it .Heating up problem and now on a call it will just go and call voice mail. That haPpened two times yesterday. Frustrating.

Felicia Covington will be eternally grateful.