What is the silver tape often used on tablets and phones?

I'm working today on this lenovo S8-50F. There is a PCB that is the USB dock. There is one cable over another and between the two. What is this? Is it a must-have? Where do I find it?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0



It's sounds like just what the Dr. ordered. I'll google it and fry to find some.

Thanks again.


Thank you oldturkey03. I wasn't searching by literal terms. Felt pretty dumb when I saw it.


Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

@bosn45 sounds to me like you are talking about the EMI shielding tape. It is advisable to reuse it to prevent EMInterference messing with any signals. If you do not have it, then take a chance and disassemble without. You most likely will not have any negative issues because of it.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2


Just checked and that is the copper (which I still need) but the one I'm referring to

is silvery/gray and seems to have texture like fabric. I thought maybe it was conductive...?


@bosn45 yes you are talking about the silver cloth tape which is EMI tape


Add a comment

Add your answer

Rick will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 57