Buying an iPhone 5 Logic Board in Canada

So I have the A1428 iPhone 5 locked to Virgin (Bell). It's the 16GB model, and I'd like to upgrade to a higher capacity logic board.

Am I correct in believing that I would need the AT&T logic board from iFixit? It seems to support the right cellular bands, but I don't want to spend $200CAD on something that won't work. And, if I buy it, would I have to get the board unlocked regardless?

(Alastair Booth asked a similar question for New Zealand, and @rany's answer seems like it applies to me as well, but I just wanted to make sure. Here's the link to them: Can I use logic boards purchased here in New Zealand?)

Since you're obviously using a GSM phone, you need a GSM-A1428 unlocked board, or a GSM-A1428-locked to Virgin/Bell board. Either should work.

A1428-AT&T will require an AT&T SIM card.

You can use the A1429 unlocked board, but I think you will have cellular data network compatibility issues, specially when it comes to 4G.

Thanks for the knowledge!

Michael Poisson will be eternally grateful.