Repair the sound goggless switch on my iPhone6?

The switch that silences my phone's externals sounds and alerts is broken. Can it be replaced?

Not horrible. But not exactly fun

Here's a guide

iPhone 6 Volume Control Cable Replacement

Here's parts

iPhone 6 Audio Control Cable

@benjamen50 its not fun, and usually results in a messed up battery, if you don't tear it, and start smelling lithium. But...the price of a new one from ifixit..when you know you're gonna get into trouble anyways?

iPhone 6 Replacement Battery

iPhone 6 Replacement Battery Image
iPhone 6 Audio Control Cable Image

Yeah I only remove the battery if I must, I have spare ones on hand if it goes bad.

Yes and it is a pretty easy and cheap repair. The same cable that controls the mute button also does the volume, so you will need to replace the entire flex cable- it runs about $5 on Amazon. As long as you know how to do it, it is a quick and easy fix, but you will need to tear the phone all the way down to access that part.

The hardest part IMO is getting the battery out.

james will be eternally grateful.