iPhone showing black and white stripes

Hello!

My neighbours iPhone is only showing these black and white stripes.

When I change the display it's not showing anything (and I tested the new display on my own phone it definitly works!)

The old display sometimes shows these black and white stripes and sometimes it turns full white then black again.

My PC however seems to recognize the iPhone and it's also showing up on iTunes.

But it seems that I can't find a fix for the screen problem.

Here is the screen:

http://i.imgur.com/XjVKN12.jpg

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

Hi there,

This youtube video might help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJCZJwrk...

In which he opens the phone up, cleans all the sockets that attach the screen to the motherboard with a toothbrush, and then secures the cables back into their sockets.

Note that he is working on a 5s, in order to open a 5 you can follow this guide, which is essentially the same but without the booby trapped cable connected to the home button that you will see in the video.

iPhone 5 Screen Replacement

Hope this helps!

Hi, I'm gonna try that, also cleaning with 100% alcohol and puttin' a new screen.. hope that works

Okay, it's not the display. I cleaned it with alcohol and it's still only showing these black and white stripes.

Aw man, I wish I had another suggestion for you, but that was my best guess... I'll keep searching the internet and let you know if I find an explanation.

Thanks, ye I think I found some posts on some weird russian forum saying that it's an issue with the board. Some circuits are screw'd (seems to be a common problem with 5c's tho) - welp thanks for your help anyways. I think I'll just sell it on ebay, cause from the outside it still looks fine.

dieuhientran63 will be eternally grateful.