TV won't stay powered on

I have a year old e500i-b1 that when I push the power button, the light comes on, then after about 1-2 seconds it goes off and I get nothing.

I've tried holding the power button in for 30seconds, a different power cord, disconnecting all devices from the inputs, etc. nothing works.

when it first started happening, if we left it off for a couple of hours or overnight, it would come back on. Now it won't stay on at all.

Also, tried the flashlight test, don't see anything. And I don't get any audio.

Any idea on what could be the issue?

It's over. Vizio offered same type of technician that would charge a service fee just to look at it then another fee to repair. It would cost me almost as much as the tv.

Hey! Had this same problem....and here me out..... turns out my remote control was on the fritz... try taking the batteries out of your remote and turning on the tv manually.... worth a try!

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi, Is it a year old or just under? Check the date on your purchase receipt. There is a manufacturer's 12 month warranty on your product. If it is within the warranty period check the warranty information that came with the Tv as what you need to do to make a claim for a warranty repair.

Bill Carberry not sure if you are the OP of this question. From what you are describing it sounds like a bad power board. Remove the back of your TV and take a look at the individual boards. Post some good images with your question so we can see what you see. Even if you would blindly go ahead and repalce every board in your TV you'd be looking at no more than $200USD. This "charge a service fee just to look at it then another fee to repair. " is the reason for ifixit's existence. Let's all try to help each other out and save our hard earned $$$. It ain't over until the ... (political correctness) lady sings

I am the OP. And I actually just ordered a replacement power board, will let you know how I make out with it.

I thought so. Great that you ordered it and let us know how it works out.

I was recently given one of these TV's for the same reason. The guy said if I can fix it, I can have it. Challenge accepted. I'm planning on doing a video on the repair attempts. Any luck on yours?

Hello. I have a Vizio E43-C2 I purchased in October of 2015, started having the same problem 2 weeks after warranty expired. I tried all the tricks too.. nothing worked. I had it repaired, was a bad Main Board. total cost was $171.20

Same problem. Taking it to the trash. Will never buy another Vizio product

billyc89 will be eternally grateful.