Repair guides and support for tablets produced by Lenovo including the ThinkPad tablet line.

lenovo yoga tablet 2 suddenly won't charge or open

Hello! I got my Lenovo tablet 2-1050F ( Mfg Date: 2014-12-23) in January of 2015 , I wasn't frequently getting on my tablet more than once every 3 day and sometimes I decide to use it and I find that the battery is empty, while there were no applications left open that may cause the battery discharge. Today and after three days of non-use the Tablet... I found the battery empty, I plugged in the original charger but nothing worked even the light around the Bush button key.

I searched the Internet looking for a solution and I have followed the steps showed below but it has completely failed

1. Plug the power adapter into the Tablet

2. With the adapter plugged in, Hold down the power button for 20 seconds

3. Disconnect the power adapter from the Tablet and press the power button for 20 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power adapter and turn on the Tablet. It should power up just fine.

Please any other help rendered shall be of high importance

I had the same problem. Followed just step 3 and 4 which made the tablet turned on. It showed 73% battery charge left on the tablet and was able to proceed to login. So it worked for me.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

I had to open the tablet, disconnect the dc power jack connector and then reconnect it. After doing this, then you should be able to plug the tablet back in to power and it should start up.

On my tablet, there was a third hidden screw under the opposite side of the label that I peeled to find the first hidden screw. Be sure that you locate *all* the screws before trying to pry the case open...

works perfectly. I was sooo close to binning this tablet as junk. Thanks

Only had to do the first 2 or 3 steps on the guide. Took more time to get the case off. Thanks again

Open the tablet isn't difficult but how difficult is to disconnect through dc power jack connector

Worked for me too, exactly as described in the original post. Thanks for saving my tab!

yours solution does not works (In my opinion).

I have to dismount back cover and disconnect PRIMARY (rechargable) battery. After it - shortcutting RECOVERY battery (small button battery - connected thru blue and red wire) for erase recovered memory.

Then connect primary battery.

After this procedure table has been repaired and normally operated. Just only date and time was reseted.

Ciao,

Honza

Do i have to disconnect the primary battery which is difficult to access, why just short circuit the RTC battery ?

Hello, i have a problem with my lenovo yoga tab8 , its reeboot when i whant to charge or when i connect to the pc , it dont stop, its reboot and reboot, on the screen its writen tool dl image file! and i cant connect with my pc to solve with sp flash , please help ....

Fantastic! Thanks for your help x

I had lost all hope. You saved me

Its Fine, dont worry.

Put the tab in charge for like 3 days, do not touch it. Then try to power it on, if it dosent still start [its a high possibility that it will start].

Then the only other option is doing factory reset[I dont recommend it].

It is not anything it is broke

NONE OF THE TIPS WORK

My tablet is Lenovo yoga tab 2 1050f . I have tried all the solutions listed above but none of them seem to work for me. my tablet was given to me by school and now it has this problem. wont charge and wont turn on. i also tried opening the back and removing the primary battery but I don't know how to take the primary battery out. please let me know a solution.

Thankyou

I charged my mom's Lenovo yoga tablet 2-830LC to a certain percent and went to turn on the hotspot on her other phone so I could use it and coming back I found out that the Lenovo which I think I turned on before I left ( because I just pressed the power button and didn't look back ) wasn't coming on again. What can I do my mum is !#^&@@ and my dad would soon come home from where he went to.

I also have the same problem,when switched on the Lenovo logo appears but nothing else happens.

Going through the above procedures the battery sign appears but no charge occurs.

After continuing the procedures again the same happens,can’t get in to the tablet

I had this problem and it fixed it. My laptop is now charging. What did I just do? Reset it?

nothing worked i tried everything help!

Shiko will be eternally grateful.