The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

iPhone 5C battery drains fast

I have an iPhone 5C it works great but I noticed that the battery is draining fast. I thought it was normal because it is an older phone and running new iOS. I tried putting it in low power mode but it didn't help. I charged it to 100% and without being used its dropped nearly 40% battery. It was on 88% and I powered it down and waited about 5 minutes and turned it back on. It was at 80%. I tested the battery with my computer with the Coconut battery application and it says that the battery is good and at about 80+% capacity. Anyone know anything about this or how to fit it?

Have you replaced the battery yet? Do that first, and then see if it improves.

Most Helpful Answer

Hey Chad!

When I've seen this, it's usually due to a few things:

1. Too many apps running.

> Double tap the Home button

> Close out all apps running in the background

2. Too many apps allowed to run Location Services - Always.

Go to Settings > Privacy > Locations Services

> Look to see which apps you want running: Always / While Using / Never

3. Battery is getting old and needs replacing.

> iFixit - iPhone 5c Battery Replacement Guide

> iFixit - iPhone 5c Replacement Battery $24.95

> ebay $6.00 - $7.00

If you haven't already, go to Settings > Battery. Scroll down to see the Battery Usage over the Last 24 Hours & Last 2 Days. That may help give you some more clues what's consuming the most power.

Warm regards,

Anthony

iPhone 5c Replacement Battery Image

download ibackup bot, handy tool shows how many charge cycles your iPhone has been through, once connected it looks in the most recent iTunes backup of your phone which iTunes saves this info and hides it from the customer, this is a little secret getter. :)

Click on More information and it will give you a very detailed report

Iphones usually hold 350-600 cycles and at 400 cycles they retain 80% of their life

• Each Cycle is from 0 to 100% that is 1 cycle, charge from 50% to 100% is a Half Cycle** so 400 charge cycles would be 400 charges from 0% to 100%

----Make sure you do a backup of your iPhone in iTunes for the most recent info----

http://www.icopybot.com/itunes-backup-ma...

Example with my iPhone:

Replace the battery and test it.

CAB will be eternally grateful.