Shutting down when plugged in.

When I plugged in to the outlet, the screen says ,"All functions will be disabled" then it says" Stand by on/off resume". Then it shuts down.

Is it plugged into a outlet controlled by a light switch? If so , make sure the switch is on. I have done this.

I have done this also, but the printer wouldn't come alive at all.

Thanks a lot. This was the solution. I would have never thought of myself. My printer now seems to work.

When I plugged in to the outlet, the screen says ,"All functions will be disabled" then it says" Stand by on/off resume". Then it shuts down.how to solve this problem

please reply me

Had exactly this problem on a 3 year old MFC-J6920DW today - found a solution elsewhere on the net:

Remove power cord and wait 30 seconds. Then remove paper trays. Reconnect power cord and switch on at the wall. Wait for printer to boot (and complain about lack of trays). Reinstall paper trays.

All up and working now!

Fixed problem immediately. (problem started with an inadvertent unplugging of the machine)Did not have to hold power button after plugging back in with trays removed, but some had suggested that. If this hadn't worked, i would have tried removing trays and holding the power button till the music stopped.

Fixed the problem right away! Thank you so much! Gary

Followed instructions about moving paper tray and everything now works. Thanks so much. Janine

03/05/2017: Followed instructions about removing paper trays; plugged in; printer rebooted automatically, then requested insertion of paper trays. All is great now. THANKS!!

I had this issue too and tried several "fixes" without success. I was afraid my printer was hopelessly dead. And, frankly, I had little faith in this suggestion - but it worked!!! I'm back in business and very grateful that someone presented this solution.

Exactly the same problem after power off my brother printer…

Even removing the power cord for some time and connect it again, then it only asked me to push power button to continue power off sequence, and it powered off, nothing else.

Just fixed by remove power cord for 30 seconds, re-connect the power cord without the paper tray…. and just install it again when printer is complaining during power up.

I wonder when Brother support will release a fix for this issue?

It is not difficult to reproduce it.

THANK YOU!!!!! Brother couldn't help me..... So simple, thanks!

The technician told me that it was the power supply board. Thank Goodness that I read this posting first. Easy solution, just removing the paper cartridges. Thanks!!!

Fe will be eternally grateful.