The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

iPhone 5c can't find service, where do I find the GSM Antenna?

Hey guys, I got a defect iPhone from a friend that I want to repair. The activations fails because it needs a sim card for that. It doesn't matter if I put it in or not, it's always searching for service.

The Wifi is fine. The sim card works with other devices. I tried calling an emergency number for testing, the call instantly fails. That's why I think the antenna is broken. I don't think that it has a problem with reading the sim card as emergency calls should work without one.

I went looking for a GSM antenna, but I was only able to find Wifi antenna parts. I hope you guys can tell me which part I need and if the problem might be something different (software->new motherboard maybe?)

Thank you in advance!

Most Helpful Answer

This is a board issue, not the antenna.

Usually it's the transceiver or the front amps. If you go to settings-general-about and find that the IMEI/MEID not displaying, then it is a baseband chip issue.

First of all thank you for your answer! The problem is that I can't go to settings as the iPhone can't be activated and is stuck in the activation limbo (hello>language>country>wifi>activation fails). Is there a way to repair this on my own?

Then it looks like the phone is not reading the SIM card at all, also a board issue.

philippeise will be eternally grateful.