How to disassemble Xiaomi Roidmi 2S

Hello.

I am thinking of tweaking Xiaomi Roidmi 2S a bit because it has rather low quality microphone build in. I'd like to solder a 3.5 jack socket and that way attach a small directional external mic.

But I don't know how to disassemble this device :)

Can anyone help?

A perfection would be to put it step by step on YT.

Most Helpful Answer

I already dismantled Roidmi , its easy but you need strong nails :)

from the up side the USP cover, i inserted my nail between the USB cover and Roidmi body then carefully pull it out from one side, then you need to go around to pull the other side clip.

The problem that my Roidmi not working i couldn't manage to know what is the problem.

If you need pictures just let me know.

Regards,

Yes, please. I would be very helpful

Yes, please upload some pictures :)

Hello Don, Were you able to disassemble it? I'm trying to do the same thing.

Hi.

Unfortunatelly not. I think I'm gonna buy a cheapest version of Roidmi and brut-force disassemble it.

Roidmi 2S is to nice looking to crack it open... ;)

Isn't the Xiaomi Roidmi 2S a bluetooth FM transmitter for your car? It doesn't have a mic? You sure you are talking about the same device?

Xiaomi Roidmi 2S Features:

1. Upgrade new Music Bluetooth Car Charger, compatible with iOS, Android, the performance is more powerful.

2. Wirelessly transmit, intelligent connection, wirelessly transmit call and music from Bluetooth phone to the car FM stereo system.

3. MIC version car charger, safe and convenient, Bluetooth hands-free calls, enjoy your safe driving, you will not miss calls any more.

4. Voice recognition, cool and intimate, turn on voice recognition function, just say “Next song”, “tell me a joke”, “tell me the weather”, you’ll get it. (Note: Chinese version only support Chinese)

5. Fully upgraded APP, you'll constantly be surprised ! Perfectly support Android, iOS system, monitor battery voltage,inquiry traffic violation. More practical, fully upgraded APP system, you will enjoy using it with the upgraded APP. New features, waiting for you.

6. Fully improve the quality of music, empty radio station scanning, intelligent background noise reduction.

We have a mic on roidmi 2s, but we'd like to solder a 3.5 jack socket instead microphone. Just for extension

Don Andress will be eternally grateful.