Can I get this to operate again?

“Overhead door garage remote got waterlogged. dried out and new batteries won't light up the unit. Any hope of repair on this?”

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment
Free shipping on orders over $20
Use code BLUEANDBLACK at checkout
Free shipping on orders over $20

1 Answer

Chosen Solution


You need to remove the batteries from the remote and then open the remote and clean it thoroughly with Isopropyl Alcohol 90%+ to remove any corrosion caused by the mix of water and electricity.

Be careful not to brush off any components.

Hopefully you may be able to save your remote.

Here is a general guide on what to do.

Electronics Water Damage

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2
Add a comment

Add your answer

Kappa Chris will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 51