A washer series by Maytag with a low rate of customer satisfaction and a high rate of failure.

Washer will not turn on no power display lights

Washer will not turn on and no power buttons are lit up

washer lights are stuck on I've tried unplugging it and it does the same thing

Shanae since your problem is opposite from the problems this question was about, I suggest you start a new question to avoid confusion

Most Helpful Answer

Cause 1

User Control and Display Board

To determine if the user control and display board is defective, try pressing the buttons on the control panel. If some of the buttons work, but others do not work, the control and display board might need to be replaced. Additionally, if the display is not working, check the power to the user control and display board. If the user control and display board has power, but it isn’t working, replace it.

Cause 2

Timer

The timer is frequently misdiagnosed—before replacing the timer, first check all of the more commonly defective parts. To determine if the timer is defective, consult your washer’s wiring diagram and use a multimeter to test the timer for continuity.

Cause 3

Line Fuse

The line fuse blows if the washer circuits are overloaded. If the line fuse blows, the washer won’t start. To determine if the line fuse is at fault, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the fuse does not have continuity, replace it. In addition, you should investigate and resolve the problem that caused the fuse to blow. Check for shorted out components such as the wires, motor, or drain pump. If you don’t resolve the underlying issue, the new fuse will blow too.

As you have no power lights and the washer will not turn on, please check that you have the machine turned on at the power point. If it is turned on, check your fuse box and correct any switch as necessary.

Where is the power point

Check your breaker box.

It appears that my further answer to your question has not been posted. Nevertheless don't worry. By saying the power point, I meant where you plug in the washing mashing into the wall for example? And make sure that if there is a little switch next to the plug, press this button down. This will turn on all power.

If it still doesn't work, plug something else into the same socket. eg: a lamp, or phone charger, just to make sure that socket is working.

If nothing that you plug into the socket works, then you will have to check your fuse/breaker box.

Hopefully by now it will be working. Good luck :)

My washer when plugged in sounds like it’s working I have no display lights

And when the power point and the fuse is fine....and the washer still won't power on....then what?

What can I do to get it to start working

Can anyone help?

Nina schmitz will be eternally grateful.