DEAD, no respons, No power to the battery, possible the U2 ic?
I bought a dead phone, and by dead i mean REALLY dead, no respons at all! Tried all you can do by the cheep tricks, but nothing happens.
So I began to tear the phone apart, the first thing i notis is a screen replecment been done. I allso get no voltege from the battery, allso no voltage from the logic board when charger inpluged. Or a reading of 0.1 V for being exact. Theres no short circuit when put the probes on + and - I got around 700 Oms that drops down with time.
When I switch the logic board around and opened the sticker I allso notis some corrosion on one capacitor and two burn marks on the sticker indicated that two other capacitors gone HOT. So I cleaned the board with Iso. and broched it and finely heated it up with heatgun. That did not fix the problem.
One thing im encountered whas that when charger pluged in, the PMIC got REALLY hot! Could the PMIC might been gone bad? Or is it like many others with similar problems the U2 ic? What do you think?
Small capacitors hot mark. And little green corrosion. Find one small water trace when i first opened this sticker.
Is this a good question?