Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

Why won't my xbox one read any disc I insert?

My xbox one won't read any disc I insert

How old is your xbox? After a fix time lenses which read disc become weak and unable to read.

"Fixed time" for me was less than 2 months before it broke. Then it took around a year to start showing signsn of breaking again.

Extremely poor quality parts in Xbox One S...

Your Xbox's laser or disc drive has likely just worn out. It's a weak spot on Xbox One's. To fix you would likely need to just replace the laser but sometimes the entire drive needs to be replace.

I need your help it's my mates Xbox everytime he puts the disc in and it doesn't work but he gets it out and cleans it but he keeps saying that it needs cleaning or if it's scratched

Do you know anywhere you could get it done and cheap

Here go through this...

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/c...

But I suspect if it can't read anything that the laser eye got scratched somehow, let me know what that troubleshooter says...

What solution ended up working on this?

I had the same problem and Microsoft told me that i had to pay them 150£ to Get them to fix it. But where i am from that is What the prise for a new one is. So i just open my Xbox and took out the cord to the disc driver to dry some dust. And It workt perfectly after. But just do this if you dont have the worrenty

I was having this issue replacing the disk drive fixed but you will also have to move over the daughterboard from the optical drive because its linked to the motherboard. You'll get an error 0x11. Atleast that is what happened for me!

I've just figured out I have this problem now it was working fine couple of days ago and suddenly just to get ending up not even reading any of my discs

Mine was doing it I cleaned the disc. Held the power button for about 15 seconds release turn it back on take disc out put back in then let the Xbox read and open game on its own worked for me.

Kathleen partin will be eternally grateful.