Home Button Not Working

So today I repaired an iphone 6 screen, I've done quite a few before, but now the home button isn't working. The home button cable running under the shield plate was really stuck down and took a bit of prying to loosen the adhesive, it tore slightly but connector itself was fine and as far as I could see there is nothing running through this tape so this shouldn't be the reason it's not working.

Am I wrong and is there something runnin through this tape that I've damaged? If so is it as simple as repairing the shield plate with cable running behind? On doing my research I've read about this error 53, will changing this plate cause that?

Thank you

Error 53? That is a iTunes restore error. That home button broken iPhone bootloop issue is long gone. The grey thermal tape / heat shield tape on the metal plate or whatever it is wont cause any issues with the functionality of the phone. It's most likely the home button extension cable sitting on the metal plate has been damaged.

Replacing that part should fix the problem. If that still doesn't then you need to replace the home button as a worst case scenario.

This is how I remove the metal plate which weirdly I've never damaged once like 100% success rate, I have two options, option 1 is better and easier, use heat but obviously not too much to burn it to weaken the adhesive from the frame of the phone near the bottom of the home button extension cable, I pry under it carefully and make sure it's going under the metal part and not the ribbon cable part on top of the metal or else that is what causes that kind of damage.

The method I always do because I'm lazy is that I just run a razor blade under and I very well make sure it goes under the metal and I don't rush it.

Thank you Ben. I googled a solution and there was a lot of scary stuff about error 53 which came up so glad it's all fixed and glad it's no longer an issue.

I've done about 20 iphone 6 screens now (fairly new to this game) and never had this problem before and have ordered a heat gun this evening, never had one quite that subborn before, normally use a blade or fine point tweezers. The metal parts are not damaged I'm confident of that so it must be the cable running under the plate as you say .

One last question. Will the finger print recognitions still work because again I've read a bit about this only working if it's original shield plate.

Sorry for so many questions, I'm new but love what I'm doing, I guess there's going to a lot of firsts for me. Thank you.

It should work, the home button extension cable which sits behind the metal plate has nothing special other than being a extension cable to connect from the logic board to the home button.

I can't say for sure because I myself have never actually replaced the home button extension cable before once yet.

Susan will be eternally grateful.