iPhone 6S 'no sim card' after charging port replacement

Hi

I'm having quite some trouble replacing the charging port on an iPhone 6S. I have 2 devices with a broken port, I replaced the flex cables just like in the previous models, no big deal. But both devices started acting really strange:

When no SIM card is installed, the device continuously displays the 'no sim card installed' dialog, with intervals of 10 seconds.

When a SIM card is installed, it searches for signal for half a minute, then it just displays 'No signal' in the corner. Also, when going to settings, the carrier - option continuously appears and disappears from the menu.

All symptoms disappear and the SIM card functionality returns after disconnecting the charging port or plugging the old (OEM) charging port back in.

Does anyone have any idea how to get around this issue?

Regards,

Laurent

I don't think you're going to be able to get around the issue, you're probably just going to have to get another lot of ports. good luck

I think he just got a bad batch of charging port. The chances of this increase significantly depending on how much you pay for the part.

You really need to keep your anti static bracelet on, even after the battery disconnect, it seems more like a short or arc elsewhere or secondary would be the charge port. A really good cleaning may have to be a priority.

Most Helpful Answer

You may have to check the proximity sensor, it may have been damaged at some point in the repair, it shows satellite signal as well as multitude of other functions.

Good luck.

iPhone 6s plus no sim

lorre851 will be eternally grateful.