Repairs for cell phones designed by Asus.

Where can I find replacemnt screen for zenfone 3

My phone fell barely a foot and the screen cracked. I searched online and can't seem to find replacement screens for the zenphone 3. Seems like every other model is available just not the 3. Any ideas??

Most Helpful Answer

Ebay. I just bought one for 13$ Canadian, free shipping. Now I doubt its actual gorilla glass but buy an armored case for it. I made the mistake of using my phone before the case arrived and I dropped it. 3 feet right on the front and shattered the glass. Beautiful phone but fragile. Also, do yourself a favor and buy a case from Ebay as well. I got mine for 10$. These phones are too new to find parts and accessories so eBay is pretty much the only place.

I guess it wouldn't matter if it wasn't gorilla glass since that has proven to be crap on these phones anyway. Lol

did you have hard time getting the lcd off the glass without dmging the lcd?

Id say its pretty much impossible to separate the glass from the digitizer. I have lots of experience changing screens but I've never encountered one like these Zenfones. I ended up destroying my digitizer. Update, you can buy the glass/digitizer as one piece on Ebay for under 50$.

Same here. Had the phone for one week, dropped it once, shattered the screen. Sent to ASUS for repair but they wanted $350. to replace the screen on their $429. phone. BS. Had them send it back unrepaired.

I found a screen and digitizer on parts4repair, for $42.90 USD. That's a great price, plus apparently it's easier to replace both than just one component. Haven't ordered it yet, but plan to.

you can take a look at this video on youtube : Asus Zenfone 3 Screen Replacement

Hi !

I found a video that i sahre with you !

have a look here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdVwtCY-...

i have a zenfone 3 - 552 KL and i have changed my screen with this very good video.

don't forget tu buy and double-stick (2mm)

and for the battery i also used this double face but there may exist orange one (?)

i also bought things to i fixit.

good luck

I made the same mistake of buying just the digitizer glass, since I didn't realize how difficult it was going to be. Ended up ruining the LCD on my original equipment. I only spent like 12 dollars, so not a huge loss (missed the return window by about 2 days).

Opted for a new LCD+digitizer from China , waited about 3 weeks, meticulously put it all back together, and when I pressed on the VERY edge of the front screen to adhere the 2mm tape I had laid down (I was at the VERY end) I heard a tiny "pop"....I had cracked the LCD screen. Turning the phone on verified a center line of dead/smeared pixels. Crap. After an almost complete meltdown, I quickly took the phone apart since the tape hadn't fully cured yet, and I had it apart in about 8 minutes flat. I know this phone implicitly at this point.

Ordred from a US supplier on eBay, us-mobilefix or something, for 43 bucks, and they ship SUPER fast out of Kentucky. I got it about 3 days later, I'm in Western NY. Put everything back together in a jiffy, made sure to stay away from pressing anywhere near the LCD area of the screen, and it works perfectly...kind of. No more glitchy issues like I had before, but the quality of the aftermarket LCD is kind of terrible. Even adjusting the color, everything is washed out and seems like it lags/ghosts a little. No longer as bright and crisp. I just accept my fate at this point, as it's now fully functional. Not dumping any more money into this phone.

TL;DR, buy the LCD+digitizer together. Take your time, watch the videos above, BUY THE FINE POINT TWEEZERS AND NYLON SPUDGER, they're invaluable. I just used my industrial heat gun on low, and further away, and it was fine.

Tara hyde will be eternally grateful.