Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Phone heated up, smell burnt and wont turn on

Hi everyone,

I am repairing an iPhone 6 with cracked screen for my customer. Before doing anything, I unplugged the battery and put a new screen in to test it. I was testing the new screen fine then the phone suddenly heated up and I smell burnt; it then won't turn on. The battery is not original, I tried another battery and the phone still won't turn on.

Anyone knows what the cause of this problem? Is it because of the battery or sth else?

Thanks heaps.

You fried a power IC. The reason could have been a bad battery but more than likely it was damaged in the drop that broke the screen or had water damage.

Check the battery connector and all associated IC's under the scope and replace as necessary.

thanhphu0410 will be eternally grateful.