The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Would this iPhone 5c be worth repairing?

Currently using a newer model but am looking into giving my Mum my old iPhone 5c. It's been turned off in a desk drawer for months since I dropped it and the main body of the phone popped out of the yellow shell/casing. Screen also smashed.

I've just popped it back into its casing using brute force. Just charged it up to see whether it's repairable and it has multicoloured blocks all over the screen. When turned on the colours changed from yellows to blues and there was no sin of the apple logo on startup.

Is this just an issue with the screen/LCD or is this phone completely beyond help?

When you applied pressure to push the screen back into place, I am almost certain that damaged the LCD and possibly additionally the LCD ribbon cable.

It is definitely worth repairing. You can either buy the screen and do it yourself or take it to a repair shop to get the screen replaced.

Guide to replace the screen: iPhone 5c Front Panel Replacement

You can get the part from here: iPhone 5c LCD Screen and Digitizer

iPhone 5c LCD Screen and Digitizer Image

Hi Ben

Many thanks for your answer I'm certainly going to look into those options so thanks for taking the time to get back to me!

J

Jenny taylor will be eternally grateful.