The Keystone KSTAD70A 70-pint Dehumidifier removes up to 70 pints of humidity from the air per day.

Water collecting in bucket instead of draining through the hose.

How do we get the water to drain through the hose like it used to instead of collecting in the bucket?

I had a similar issue that occurred suddenly. I cleared some green growth in the hose that apparently had been blocking the water from dripping down the tube . Try removing the tube from the back on the dehumidifier and cleaning it out.

Most Helpful Answer

I had the same problem with my KSTAD50B dehumidifier. What I can tell is that the ice builds up underneath the condensor coils and blocks the outlet. What I did was to drill a 1/2" hole in the front and two little holes for the ears on the hose adapter. Then I put silicon glue around the hose adapter and pushed it through the hole and the secured it in place with two #8 machine screws, lock washers, and nuts. Then I attached the hose to the front. This will mean that the water will fail into the bucket, but the bucket will empty, and I don't need to worry about the bypass anymore.

We could use an inventive guy like you around here ;-)

The hose has to flow downward to the drain. My husband has it on a block about halfway to the drain to keep it up. It is lower there than at the humidifier and lower still at the drain.. seems to be working ok

mschaple will be eternally grateful.