Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Boot up an iPhone 6 without battery, is this possible?

Hi! I have an IPhone 6 fallen in water. I have checked the motherboard and I don't have find any liquid damage, but the battery is dead, I have checked it with a multimeter.

Now, I'm not completely sure that the problem is only battery and I have tried to boot up Iphone without battery, and it don't boot up. Is this normal? Is possible to boot up an IPhone 6 without battery?

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Hi.

No, it is not possible to power on without battery.

If you can, take it to a repair shop give them to test, and if it works, buy a battery.

Or just simply buy a used, but working one, if the phone won't turn on, then the logic board is faulty as well.

Huh, I thought this was true, but the photo below seems to indicate otherwise.

Most Helpful Answer

iPhone 6+

Any questions?

Can you explain how to bypass the battery check ? With a normal connection, you cannot boot an iphone without battery. Thanks.

How did you make that possible?

Generic charger plugged into the wall outlet not the computer. PWR and HM button, I can't remember if it was one or the other or both, whatever it was it was simple. Plugged it in, didn't have the battery, and got sidetracked while holding buttons, forgot it was in my hand and.......

Something like that just stumbled into it so it's a simple process with only a couple factors.

I found that by shorting the 3rd pin in the battery plug of an iPhone 5c to a ground will make the phone boot to the apple logo momentarily without a battery.. Just sharing this in hopes of someone else knowing what to do from there!

Yeah just because you see any damage doesn't mean it have no water damage. You really need to look under microscope to know for sure and sometimes the damage is under the shield. You can try removing it and clean it with 99% alcohol. As for the battery you can cut the wire out and start the iphone with a bench power supply if u want .

Do you need to add thermistor or resistor on any of the pins for this?

How did you do? It is surprising :)

I used bench power (generic 5v supply). You can look at it as the phone wants to turn on without a battery because mechanically, it can. Is Apple that tells it not to turn on when you plug into your computer, greatly increasing the difficulty I'm trying to fix it, Probably hoping you think it's Dead like they told you, and you're only remedy is to purchase a new one..... Well each one we fix is one they don't sell.

5v would be too much. Connecting it to a 18650 lying around will be better.

I have an iphone 6 that had some fun when cleaning my clothes… battery totally fukked.. (once i opened and checked) I removed it. Then i connected it to wall powersupply.. screen goes on automaticly (white with a black apple logo) then screen goes blueish and while pressing a finger on screen i get like white clouds, same when i press home button.

Then i connect it to my computer (only 2.1v ports worked. usb is normaly 1,5) Itunes find the phone, which type it is and serial number. And it wants to restore it and update it or just update. It fails each time when it starts rebooting the phone and i think it fails because the phone is supposed to use power from battery during that phase.

I have tried clicking homebutton and on/off to enter whatever name it has. Doesnt work.

ps. due to people get their phones destroyed by water (swimming or whatever) they have put a blue paint on the screws which turn red when they come in contact with water.

This due to people taking a bath with their phone in their pocked and they go say it just stopped working. (this makes it easier to see for yourself if and where water has been. (Be carefull, those screws are small, and remember which one is which because they have different lenghts)

Another Ps. If you look att youtube videos they use heater on the front side to loose the battery easier from its battery tape. Do it from the back instead. (But check it up maybe there is something under the metalplate where the battery is located)

/KaerDannE

Eliseo Di Iorio will be eternally grateful.