Boot up an iPhone 6 without battery, is this possible?

Hi! I have an IPhone 6 fallen in water. I have checked the motherboard and I don't have find any liquid damage, but the battery is dead, I have checked it with a multimeter.

Now, I'm not completely sure that the problem is only battery and I have tried to boot up Iphone without battery, and it don't boot up. Is this normal? Is possible to boot up an IPhone 6 without battery?

Hi.

No, it is not possible to power on without battery.

If you can, take it to a repair shop give them to test, and if it works, buy a battery.

Or just simply buy a used, but working one, if the phone won't turn on, then the logic board is faulty as well.

Huh, I thought this was true, but the photo below seems to indicate otherwise.

Most Helpful Answer

Yeah just because you see any damage doesn't mean it have no water damage. You really need to look under microscope to know for sure and sometimes the damage is under the shield. You can try removing it and clean it with 99% alcohol. As for the battery you can cut the wire out and start the iphone with a bench power supply if u want .

iPhone 6+

Any questions?

Can you explain how to bypass the battery check ? With a normal connection, you cannot boot an iphone without battery. Thanks.

I found that by shorting the 3rd pin in the battery plug of an iPhone 5c to a ground will make the phone boot to the apple logo momentarily without a battery.. Just sharing this in hopes of someone else knowing what to do from there!

How did you do? It is surprising :)

Ur mom jacks me off all night long

Eliseo Di Iorio will be eternally grateful.