Boot up an iPhone 6 without battery, is this possible?

Hi! I have an IPhone 6 fallen in water. I have checked the motherboard and I don't have find any liquid damage, but the battery is dead, I have checked it with a multimeter.

Now, I'm not completely sure that the problem is only battery and I have tried to boot up Iphone without battery, and it don't boot up. Is this normal? Is possible to boot up an IPhone 6 without battery?

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Hi.

No, it is not possible to power on without battery.

If you can, take it to a repair shop give them to test, and if it works, buy a battery.

Or just simply buy a used, but working one, if the phone won't turn on, then the logic board is faulty as well.

Huh, I thought this was true, but the photo below seems to indicate otherwise.

Most Helpful Answer

iPhone 6+

Any questions?

Can you explain how to bypass the battery check ? With a normal connection, you cannot boot an iphone without battery. Thanks.

How did you make that possible?

Generic charger plugged into the wall outlet not the computer. PWR and HM button, I can't remember if it was one or the other or both, whatever it was it was simple. Plugged it in, didn't have the battery, and got sidetracked while holding buttons, forgot it was in my hand and.......

Something like that just stumbled into it so it's a simple process with only a couple factors.

I found that by shorting the 3rd pin in the battery plug of an iPhone 5c to a ground will make the phone boot to the apple logo momentarily without a battery.. Just sharing this in hopes of someone else knowing what to do from there!

Yeah just because you see any damage doesn't mean it have no water damage. You really need to look under microscope to know for sure and sometimes the damage is under the shield. You can try removing it and clean it with 99% alcohol. As for the battery you can cut the wire out and start the iphone with a bench power supply if u want .

How did you do? It is surprising :)

I used bench power (generic 5v supply). You can look at it as the phone wants to turn on without a battery because mechanically, it can. Is Apple that tells it not to turn on when you plug into your computer, greatly increasing the difficulty I'm trying to fix it, Probably hoping you think it's Dead like they told you, and you're only remedy is to purchase a new one..... Well each one we fix is one they don't sell.

Ur mom jacks me off all night long

Eliseo Di Iorio will be eternally grateful.