The Cuisinart Smart stick is used to make blending food and juices easier for people. A hand held blender gives users the ability to quickly blend together various food creations.

The lock/unlock button does not stay locked

just bought Cuisinart smart stick csb-75 and the lock/unlock button does not lock when pressed in.

Most Helpful Answer

This should help. I felt your "pain" until just a little while ago. What I discovered is: Hold the Smart Stick in the palm of your dominant hand, just as designed. Press the low or high button and hold; nothing happens yet. Now with a finger on your other hand push, then release, the lock button on top. The blender motor should start as soon as you push the lock button down and stay running until you release the high or low button. This frees up your non-dominant hand for holding the container that you are mixing.

Omg, thank you!!!! I've been using it for weeks now with both hands because I didn't know how to use the lock feature and thought it was a defect also. You just saved half of my day from returning it!!!

Thanks for the tip. I might add that the speed buttons actually have 3 settings if you may: on, off, and stand by. What I mean is after you press the low/high button and then press the lock button on top, you can then "relax" your finger in order to pulse indefinitely or standby - as long as you keep finger on the 'trigger." If you lift your finger completely, then you'll have to start again with pressing the lock button. Once gotten used to, it's not as annoying as one might feel. It is a safety feature after all. Hope this helps others struggling with this.

This only works if you have large, strong hands. I don't.

@Andrew Huang - The standby feature does not work on my Smart Stick. As soon "relax" my finger, the unit locks again. :(

This feature sucks either way and why put a child safety lock on an adult tool! Food for thought

This is a feature, not a bug.

I mean that it is intentional on the part of the manufacturer.

I have not found a way to use the appliance without using both hands, which leads me to believe that they might have done this as a safety feature, to keep you from running it with one hand and cutting the other.

If you use both hands to operate the blender, you have no way of holding the mixing carafe. I tried using both hands and the carafe suddenly became unstable so my drink splashed all over the kitchen.

The one-hand method doesn't work for me either because my hand is not large or strong enough to hold the blender and press both buttons.

Thank you so much!! l was gong to take the unit back because l thought it was a defect. Even though l thought figured it out, but not the way you answered me. l tried your method. l was doing it wrong this whole time! l was dong t backwards. Thank you again!! l wish the directions would explain how to use or operate the unit.

I tried operating the stick blender with 2 hands and it was a disaster. Holding the "lock" button with one hand and holding the "Low" button with the other hand, suddenly the mixing carafe became unstable and the smoothie I was mixing splashed all over the kitchen.

I HATE this feature. My hand is not strong enough or even large enough to operate the thing with one hand.

I called Cuisinart Customer Service and the agent said I should return the blender to the store and exchange it for a different Cuisinart model that doesn't have this feature, but he couldn't tell me which of their stick blender models don't have the feature. I then emailed their customer service and so far they have not answered my question, they are just telling me it's a "safety feature." Whoever designed this stupid thing is a complete idiot, I'm sorry.

nancy fiedler will be eternally grateful.