Apple's line of PowerBook laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The PowerBook line includes the PowerBook 100, Duo, 500, and 5300 Series; the PowerBook 1400, 2400, 3400; the PowerBook G3, G4 Titanium, and G4 Aluminum.

top row number keys won't work

Number keys on the top row, one thru nine, and their symbols,

exclamation point over to asterisk, won't work.

Toggling the number lock f6 key does turn the numeric pad

on and off, but not the shared numbers six-seven-eight.

But 4-5-6 and 1-2-3 do work with the numeric pad along with

the side symbols.

All other keys work, including the top function keys.

Thanks in advance, I'm guessing I turned something off

accidently.

Hi! I think you may have a bad keyboard with a crimped wire in its ribbon cable, or some other form of damage. I can't think of a software issue or a "lock" situation which would cause this. I would use the relevant iFixit guide to remove the keyboard, and see if you can flatten out any creases in the ribbon cable, and then make sure the cable plug is fully plugged in when you reassemble it. A row of keys not working is consistent with one of the wires in the cable being blocked or damaged, or with having liquid damage, so unless you get lucky with the procedure I described you probably need a new keyboard. But, alas, they are fairly inexpensive. You may want to reset the pram and pmu as well, if only to be able to say you did. Good luck!

John will be eternally grateful.