Phone will not turn on after screen replacement

I have replaced many screens in the past and this isn't my first iPhone 6 replacement but this one will not work with me. I disconnect the battery first like always. I have replaced the screen on it before and that screen worked. The screen got broken and I replacement it. I always do a power test before putting everything back, connect the battery too, and this time it will not turn on. I tried a different, even third screen and nothing comes on. It does not get detected by iTunes. I even tried a different charging port and nothing happens. I have power cycle the phone as well. I have tried disconnecting the battery and connecting the charger and nothing happens. I am the only one that has worked on it.

Did you make sure all the screws are in the right place on the LCD plate?

Yes everything is in place. None of the screws are mixed up so I know it couldn't be the long screw problem.

What about the original screen? Does that work? Maybe there's a short somewhere on the aftermarket screens.

The original screen worked before and the first replacement worked. It's when it needed a new screen again, nothing is working. I even back on the screen I replaced and the original one it had and nothing shows up.

did you try putting it into recovery/DFU? Also, try plugging it in for a long period, around 8 hours.

It sounds like a software issue. iOS is great when it work but it loves to bug out when you start working on the hardware. My first step would be recovery mode, then leaving it plugged in, then disconnecting the battery for an hour and starting over. Just need to give iOS a jump.

If none of that works, report back. We'll have to start trying to find hardware issues.

Most Helpful Answer

This is not a problem with the display.

The fact that iTunes doesn't see the phone is your big clue. The second clue is that the phone worked before you opened it. You also stated that you disconnected the battery before you disconnected the display, so that's another very positive clue.

Check the battery connector on the board. See if any pins are bent or missing. Its pretty common for them to get loose during a drop and its not uncommon to make the issue worse when you remove the battery. Inspect the connector, make sure everything is where it needs to be. If you don't see anything or that doesn't fix it, check the filters and fuses located by the battery connector. We've all accidentally popped one of those guys off when we were disconnecting the battery. You'll need some magnification, but inspect all around to see if there are any that are damaged or missing. Replace as needed. If nothing is wrong there or that doesn't fix it, do the same inspection around the display connections. Sometimes you can damage a board component up there when removing the display. Especially when you remove them a few times and your blood pressure is up a bit because the stupid phone isn't working.

Its more than likely something you touched. So focus on those areas. Relax...its ok. We all break stuff and make our jobs harder than they should be. The key is to keep calm and focus.

Funnily enough I've never actually ever chipped or popped a component off when removing batteries. The worst I've done was rip a battery cable on the iPhone 4S. I gotta say, you really know your stuff.

Is that a polite way of saying I have screwed up a lot?

I learn by doing, so I tend to break stuff. The upside is that I know how to fix a lot of things, the downside is that I break stuff sometimes. :)

No, I didn't mean it like that in a sarcastic way. I have screwed up many things myself doing phone repairs too.

I just broke two HTC One M9 screens a few days ago when separating them from preassembled frames. I'm never again going to try separating screens from new preassembled ones.

Oh well that's $100 dollars down the drain for me. Lesson learned.

It sounds as if there is a backlight problem. Can you see the image very faint if you try to light the screen ?

No there is no image at all, even if I shine a light. I connect it to my desktop and iTunes doesn't pick it up.

Do you have a tester? If yes please check the battery connector with it, the phone should absorb 3.8v+

There are 5 possible reasons for this problem:

1. Power Distribution Issue

2. The Dead Battery Issue

3. The Damage Board Issue

4. Assembly Issue

5. Problem with Flat Cable Connection

For more detailed solutions you can find here: What to Do When iPhone Won't Turn on after screen replacement

Carlos Ramirez will be eternally grateful.