Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Small grayish shadow on top left corner of the screen

My iphone was replaced by apple for about 4-5 months now and I just noticed the issue about a week ago. The shadow is most evident in every color except white? Is it harmful to the phone. What is the risk if I have it repaired. My phone is out of warranty now because they just continued the warranty of my previous phone. Haha. Thanks.

Most Helpful Answer

I've seen this issue before and it's caused by a few things. It's either a manufacturing defect in the display as the shadow could be a part of the back light dying or it could be from too much glue behind the glass causing pressure on the lcd. I wouldnt worry about it unless that dark spot starts growing. If it bothers you, then grab a screen kit off iFixit and replace it or have a reputable local repair shop replace your screen.

mevt1223 will be eternally grateful.