iPhone 5S keeps showing charge icon also not charging

Hello!

A customer of mine brought this phone to me. First it looked liked it was only a simple dockconnector repair. The phone was not charging.

After the repair (tried a couple dockconnectors) the iPhone is still not charging. However when the phone is turned off and I put the cable in it will start.

After that you keep seeing a light battery charge icon in the screen (see picture)

It's no waterdamage.. Does anyone knows how to fix this!?

Regards Sven

It is likely a bad u2 tristar IC. Replacing tristar requires hot air and soldering iron, and is very difficult. Do you have experience microsoldering?

It sounds like the Tristar chip/U2 IC is damaged, you would have to replace this in order to solve the charging issue.

For this you need to know how to do microsoldering or send it to someone who does.

It's very rare for the charging dock to get damaged, unless you see actual physical damage you should never replace the charging dock, always ask questions, ask if they have ever used cheap cables etc.

As for the image you have shown, it basically looks like an after image of the charging symbol or something similar, I would put this down to either a damaged screen or a cheap screen, it needs replacing. :-)

Sven de With will be eternally grateful.