iPhone 6 not detecting on any PC, but its charging from charger.

my iphone 6 is not detected by any PC or Mac, i have tried to connect with more than 4 pc but it is not recognized by any of them nor charge from any PC and other iphones are detected by those PC's, but my iphone 6 is charging from charger. i tried to change the port of my iphone but still it charges from charger but is not detected by any PC. HELP !!!!!!!!

Can the phone turn on at the moment or is it stuck at the low battery logo right now?

Most Helpful Answer

Hey badalbaidar07,

Try first to open iTunes, than connect the phone. You probably will be able to open it in iTunes, it's in charging mode when you connect it and you need to get it out of that mode.

i have tried to open itunes first then i tried to connect iphone but still its not connecting and not showing on PC but other iphones are connecting and showing on same PC.

im havin the same problem

Its turned on. It can be charged by wall charger. I can use it normally without any issue but the problem is with connection with PC. Its not connecting with any PC or Mac. I have tried with more than 8 pc and and 5 diffrent geinune lighting cables but still not connecting with any of them, absolutly no sign of connection.

The only time I've ever seen this happen on my own personal device was when I was using a data only cable on accident and not one that can transfer data. If your charging port is working properly, then I'd say reinstall iTunes.

It's not the driver in the pc because you said you've tried it with many, but it SHOULD say in the bottom right - installing drivers - so that's a sign that your phone isn't communicating with the machine. Why did you first change the port, was it because this same issue was happening?

I'd say if it was because that same issue was happening with the original charger you've either got board level damage or iOS corruption. You could try a iCloud backup, do a DFU restore and hope that the computer recognizes the device... But it may not be worth it as you can transfer everything over to an iPhone from iTunes if they're on the same Wifi network.

I tried to change the port but still i had same issue, so kept the original port on the device. Its not showing any installation notification on PC taskbar and is not recognized by any PC in DFU mode as well. I dont know what could be the problem. My device is not water damaged, i charge my device with genuine wall charger. How could my board get damaged so easily? I dont have any problem with my phone except this issue.

badalbaidar has there ever been any work done on the phone or has it ever been opened up? Or did this start on its own

it has never been opened before. i kept it as new as it is from the day i bought from store. it was working perfectly before while transferring pictures to PC from iphone and sync with itunes. i didnt connect my iphone to pc for around 6 weeks i guess then suddenly i tried to connect then it was not connecting. it started to show the problem on its own. my cousin is saying she have also same problem as mine with her ipad air , and its fresh as new aswell never opened.

did you found any solution to your problem ? i have exactly the same problem , i want to backup my device to any pc/Mac without success

Is the charging port like in good condition? You can check by seeing if the lightning cable plugs in fully with no gap.

If there is a gap between the housing of the charging port and the cable end of itself then most likely the charging port needs to be cleaned of gunk.

This is usually done by using something like a toothpick or equivalent.

I have the same issue. Before this problem appear, the iPhone 6 sometimes does not connect to iTunes, nor charge. Before die I set to WiFi sync and now I can sync (slow, but I can).

Son now there is no way to charge connected with a genuine cable to any PC/MAC, also can't connect to iTunes via USB. I find a fix for charging it connecting to a PC, but not for USB data connection.

Using a microUSB to lighting adapter and a USB-MicroUSB cable for power only, you can charge with a PC.

Is not easy to find a USB-MicroUSB cable with only power wires and no data wires. Normally this kind of cable are together with a power bank battery.

The iPhone problem, probably have not any solution. At the Genius bar, after many tests told me that is the Logic Board. If iPhone is out of warranty, you need to spend a lot to replace the phone.

Who have this defect, and out of warranty, can't do nothing. The phone is 99% working except the USB sync function. If you have enabled the WiFi sync (Before USB die) you can use the phone without problem, also you need to use iCloud for save your data. Probably the USB chip inside the phone is damaged, and to make full working the phone, need to be replaced, but, replace it is really complicated and not cheap, also the risk to kill the phone is really high.

badalbaidar07 will be eternally grateful.