Repair guides and support for all types of building materials.

Insulation for apartment with none in the ceiling.

Our apartment ceiling is wood without insulation and our AC is weak wall units. In hot SoCal this doesn't work. We're looking for a cheap, temporary fix for the next few years we rent here.

Here's the very silly question: is it a good option to buy rolls of insulation and wedge them between the beams, running a wire the length of the room to hold it up?

Living room pictured below, though entire apartment needs this fix:

Beam depth: 5.25"

Each section between beams: 25.5"x136"

What is above the ceiling ? is it accessible

It's a flat apartment roof and since we're renting I'm assuming we can't do anything above or between anything sadly.

Megan that may not work. Not sure how your roof is constructed. Common fiberglass insulation will not be sufficiently held up with a wire. Bigger problem with that is that you may get pretty itchy and run into inhalation injuries from the fiberglass itself. I'd go with some rigid insulation. Read more about that on here. there are a few cheaper options of the ridgid insulation, do a google search for your area.

Thank you! As you can see, I'm pretty desperate to try anything at this point!

Megan, I get it. 104 right now over here as well. Give it a try and see if it helps.

Megan will be eternally grateful.