How to fix iPhone that fell in fuel.

So i was working one day at the fuel pits and my phone fell into a bucket full of fuel. I quickly grabbed it, wipped my phone off and shut it off due to fear of explosion. I turned it on the next day and phone works perfectly fine but the screen is dark and you can still see the fuel underneath the screen. Nothing was damaged suprisingly. Im just wondering how would i get the fuel out!? dark screen sucks and i have to use the brightness all the way up in order to see

First of all, NEVER USE RICE. Rice does nothing. Take the phone apart, remove the LCD assembly, battery, and logic board. Put the housing and logic board in 91% isopropyl alcohol and get a new battery. Take apart the LCD backlights and clean them in isopropyl. Dry them very good and then put everything back together.

This worked! thanks alot.. had to get some tools that i didnt have but it did the trick!

I guess you are pretty lucky to get the fuel out of the backlight area which is located behind the LCD, because that can be hard to get out at times without damaging the display or backlight.

no need to shout!! next time have one of these handy in your pocket Thirsty Bag

turn phone off, remove battery, and use 80 -100% alcohol (available from chemist, not the pub) pour over the alcohol gently and in stages, this should flush out the fuel and the alcohol will eventually evaporate.

if this does´nt work buy new display, remove old display, use the alcohol to clean the the inside out, wait till its clean and dry, fit new screen. and all been well iphone works a treat again

Score -3

@howie77 rice? Really? No way. Review your answer and reconsider the rice part.

Jason Navarrete will be eternally grateful.