Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

After replacing the front display the phone will not turn on

I have replaced the front display of this iPhone 4 and now it is not working. It will not charge and as I brought this on ebay, I have no previous history.

I have used a multi meter on the battery port and this shows no continuous circuit.

However, is this just a case of replacing the logic board and if so, why does the Europe shop not sell any (lol)?

Is there anything else I can check or do?

I have further tested the l3 and l4 power fuses on the logic board (below the dock connector) and one of them has a continuous circuit and the other has not. So I guess I need a new board.

Why not try or get someone else to replace the fuse rather than buy a new logic board? This is a cheaper solution and is worthwhile doing.

After all, it's just a fuse so it's worth a try. But the question comes into mind, what blew the fuse firstly?

sound like you have been mugged over by the seller on ebay.

i would either get the fuse repaired or buy another defect phone from ebay ( checking out the buyer rating etc ) and then replace mainboard

Paul Mullins will be eternally grateful.