Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

Red standby light blinks once, TV won't turn on, Samsung LED TV

Hi there,

I have a Samsung 55" LED Smart TV, model number UN55H6350AF. The TV when plugged in, will have the standby red light on solid. When I try to turn the power on, the red light will flash once, then stay solid again. The TV will do nothing, I hear no sound like the TV is even trying to power on, nothing.

My friend took the TV to a local repair shop, and the guy figures the issue is with the LED strips and quoted a insane price to repair the TV. This TV is just two years old! I was hoping someone may have some insight to this issue so I can look for parts to repair the issue.

Thanks for your time and knowledge!

Ryan

I added to your diagram to show as to what I measured, hopefully this will help you :)

Thanks,

Ryan

Try pressing remote then immediately block the remote signal with you hand. Tv should come on. Worked for me.

@revelation since your backlight comes on when you disconnect the connector, you know that it is not the LED strips. From the voltages you list (great idea to mark how you did it) it looks like a bad main board.

Rep: 1

Thanks :) I have ordered a main board off of ebay, it should be in next week. I will let you know how I make out. Thanks again for all of your help and knowledge!

Good news!!! The part finally arrived and I installed it and that was the issue! The TV turned right on and seems to work perfectly! Thanks again for all of your help, without your knowledge and help this TV would still be broken and possibly being recycled! Thanks oldturkey03!!!

What was the cost of the board?

@revelation I am not saying the repair shop is wrong or right, I'd check a few things first. Treat this like you would a "No Power" situation.

Use a multimeter and check those points. Let us know what you find.

I used a multimeter and measured the following:

IC202 - 3.29

L204 - 0.00

L201 - 0.00

L203 - 0.00

L306 - 0.00

L305 - 0.00

Let me know what you think oldturkey03, I sent you a email to your gmail account with a bit more detail.

Thanks,

Ryan

@revelation got your email. From your voltages it looks like you have a failed main board. That's the one in the picture. Can you check pin 4 on connector CN201? It should show 5V. Pin 4 is positive lead and connect other lead from multimeter to ground. Pin 11,12,13 should show 13V. Measure those as well

Can you check pin 4 on connector CN201? It should show 5V. Pin 4 is positive lead and link other lead from the multimeter to ground. Pin 11,12,13 should show 13V.

Am Hakim living in Ghana.am a repairer of tv, s like have a problem of Samsung led tv which is blinking and I need solution please

Ryan will be eternally grateful.