This instant camera from Fujifilm now boasts a slimmer and lighter body than previous revisions. The Mini 8 helps the photographer by alerting them the recommended aperture. It also has a High-Key flash mode which helps the photographer attain soft portraits for a stunning look.

InstaX mini 8 won't take pictures and all orange lights are on

Hi. I have the instax mini 8 Polaroid camera. I went to use it for the 4th time and all of a sudden it doesn't work. When turned on all the orange lights are on the dial not just one, there's a red light by the screen viewer and it won't take any pics. How do I fix this? I emailed Fuji film and they didn't answer

I have this EXACT problem. All the lights are flashing! I don't know who to contact though, Walmart, where I bought it) or fujI! This is bull crap. I got it two years ago and have barely used it. I just got the film today, too!

I have the same problem, and I just got it less than a year ago, I just noticed it stopped working when the practice picture film got stuck in the camera, I tried to pull it out, but when I did it went crazy and stopped taking pictures and now I also have flashing orange lights.

I have the same problem kind of the lights aren’t even turning on and I changed the batteries and I just put a new film and it won’t take pictures

Check the battery. That was my problem and then I changed the battery and it worked perfectly.

I have the same problem. I take pictures and all the lights are on and it has new film and batteries and I ejected the film card but when I take pictures they appear black

Most Helpful Answer

So my film cartridge was stuck and I has to use a knife to push it out by the edges. You're going to need to force it out and wiggle it. Once the cartridge is out, the black sheet is going to be kinda hanging out so I just pulled it out because it was the source of the problem. Be sure to place the cartridge back in its slot AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !! Next I replaced the batteries and TA-DA !! The camera is fixed !! Though the first picture was a Dud, the next came out just fine ! I hope this helps !

bro pls help, i already eject the catridge and the black sheet too. then i dont know what should i do next

You should change the batteries and it's worked 4 me

Thank u @rubengarcia this saved me from ours of stress

This worked perfectly thank you

This worked great! I was about to throw the whole thing away!

All i did was remove the pack of film that was in which was a little bit hard and then replaced the batteries with fresh batteries that have never been used and it printed out the picture that was stuck and it has been working great sence ALSO If you do n8t understand anyof these look up it up on youtube and go to Almondjoy Alica. I watched her and fixed it right away. I hope you can fix your camera. Good Luck

THIS WAS SO HELPFUL MY GOSH! THANK YOU! U SAVED MY LIFE. I got the same situation, the sample film got stucked too on my cam and thank God I found u! I did exactly the same that u did. Haha! And, the first film turned out plain white, its because the cartridge got exposed in a bit but the second picture was okay already. Thank you again!

I had the same problem!! But i took outthe film it jad its was hard bc it was stuck but i pulled it out with some ✂️ the i changed the batteries and it still wouldn't work. I checked and checked and at the top of it , it had some film stuck so i pulled that out careful with some tweezers and tried to turned it on again and it worked the lights still kept flashing but i put an rmpty film in it and moved the settings and pressed the flash button and the numbers statted going down from 10-S it took a while but it worked!!!

Hi! The films got stuck one day a several times and I tried to pull it out, but it didn't come out. After a few tries, my friends and I managed to pull it out. But that's not the problem anymore. The problem is that the orange lights are blinking, but the red light isn't... What should I do?

replace the batteries

Remove the film pack and use a new one. There is a good chance somethings wrong with that film pack you have in camera.

the same happens to me. but when i try to take the film pack its stuck

will i be able to reuse the film pack that i removed?

Hi, we had the same issue with the Instax mini 8 andblinking lights and we could get this out by using a sisser and knife.the problem is that the last picture was hanging and this was caused by the small silver item in the right corner when you open it. After we removed the last casette to put a new one in this silver item did not get back to the right corner but was about 1cm above.We solved this by putting the old empty casette in it, pushed the button to make a picture and then removed the old casette again, now it was solved , the silver item was back in the right corner again and after installing a new casette it was working perfectly again. Good luck

I have the same problem: the silver thing is stuck. But I tried putting my old empty cassette in but I can't put it back because the silver thing is still up. Do you know how to solve this?

what is silver thing? i can't find it and i dont know :(

I don't understand

i have the same problem too :(. i was eject the catridge and take the hanging film out, so what should i do? i dont know what is the silver thing when i opened my instax [i dont know where is it, somebody help me please :'(]. then i lost my 10 films :'.

same!! please help

Change the batteries, this happened to me too and I thought it was broken! Once I changed them, it worked again.

I changed the batteries, but now none of the lights are turning on. What would be the next step to fix this?

you have to change the batteries while the camera is open otherwise the lights wont function properly

I have tried everything from changing the batteries to getting a new film pack but nothing has worked! I really hope my camera isn’t broken any advice?

Please help my index camera mini nine every time I take a photo it comes white and when I turned it on I know it makes a sound and he didn’t make a sound and when you switch to brightness is only in one place it does not even moved to another please help

Please help!!!

Hi! I need help. I was trying to take a picture with my Instax Mini 8 which I haven't used for a while. (I haven't used since...I can't remember) I took 4 pictures. 3 came out blank (after 15 min. still not developed) and the fourth is stuck in my film slot. Half of the photo I tried to take is sticking out but the other half of it isn't. I've tried pulling it out but it won't budge, not even a little. I don't want to damage my camera. What can I do???? URGENT!!!!

Also, the photo that is half-sticking out is backwards, probably why it's stuck. How did it get like that and how do I fix it????????

you mustve put the cartridge in the wrong way.

Change the batteries then take a pic then it will come out

All you have to do is leave your camera on while you are replacing the batteries. Then turn off your camera for a few minutes, and when you turn it back on it should be working again!!! DUHHH....

I have a instax mini 9 and I went to change the cartridge and it was hanging. So I pulled it out gently and Welshmen it got out the number slot showed 9. So I took out the batteries and it didnt work... I also have the problem of it not taking photos. I NEED HELP

Did you ever fix it?

You have to get new batteries .If that doesnt work take it to go get fixed

My camera have something grey in the right ? How to fix it ???

Changing the batteries worked for me.

I’ve got problems regarding my camera too. The orange lights flickering all together and then the red light near the screen viewer too. I’ve tried replacing with refreshed batteries and new film catridge too but nothing helped my camera to stop flickering thise lights. And I really have no idea why it won’t click pictures. I haven’t dropped it too. Please help me asap !

Did you figure it out??? Im having this problem right now

My instax mini 8 have problem, the lights keep blinking, but the flash and power is work. When I take picture the film didn't came out, I change already new battery but still blinking. Pls I need your help.

I'm having the same issue, if you find a solution please let me know!

I'm having this same problem, if solution is found please respond asap

Hey I also have this problem about a month ago, All the orange lights were on plus the red light beside the viewer. I just did’nt use it for a couple of days, I basically forgot about it then after 4 weeks when I came to check on it, it came back to life and was working great! I guess Maybe it needed a little rest

Hola la respuesta a que todas las luces se enciendan en que necesita buenas baterias yo compre duracell quantum son de las rojas y adios problema, saludos.

Hola, la respuesta y todas las luces.

necesita buenas baterías yo compre duracell quantum son de las rojas y adiós problema, saludos.

That probably it means your either low on film or your battery is dying and it is not trying to let you use it until you put new batteries in them or you need to check with a family who is great with technology and can fixed you problem.

YOUR WELCOME !

Mine did the same thing… I checked my batteries and they were put in incorrectly. It did work before this but idk. I changed the batteries, (looking at the positive and negative signs on the Polaroid) and it worked perfectly….

Ally moore will be eternally grateful.