Updated version of the 2015 Retina MacBook. Model A1534, EMC 2991.

Something loose inside laptop

Hello Guys,

Whenever I tilt my macbook to a certain degree it will make a knocking sound, and when I turn it to the opposite direction, it will make another sound. It feels like there is something inside of the computer that is loose and is frolicking around, but I don't know what it is.

Can anyone maybe advise me on where the sound comes from and maybe if you could what part is loose!

Thanks,

Charlie

I took it to apple and they said its coming from the axle of the Macbook, I didn't let them take it to fix because i'm afraid that it would be finished before school starts.

Also, the knock seems to be coming from the screen area, and it sounds like a big piece of something hitting one end then the other end, it doesn't feel like a screw.

P.S: The knock is also quieter when the lid is closed!

Thank you so much for you help!

It is the screen and you are not the only one how has this issue. If you bring it to the apple store to fix it, they replace the screen with a new one and it is not guaranteed that it won't happen again.

I recently played around with the new macbook pro in an apple store and even they have the same problem. Really sad!

To retain your warranty, I would take into Apple and let them fix it. This could short out your logic board and it's good to have it on record with Apple.

Agreed. Apple doesn't usually have computer more than a week. I had a 2015 MacBook fixed that had a bad hinge. They ended up replacing the screen (that includes the hinge) AND they replaced the top and bottom case, I had dropped it and there was a dent on the left side front (when closed) that effected the screen bezel, and lower case.

I had hinge issues before the drop, but even though the damage was my fault since they had to replace the screen anyways some awesome tech replaced the bottom case, for free, since it was damaged.

Either way, have Apple fix it. Worse case if you're in school have you parents or friends mail it to you. At worst you'll be a week without it.

Is everything in your computer working? If it is then it's most likely just a screw. Check all the keys and speakers or anything that you can verify is working from the outside

It feels like it is coming from the screen or something, and the computer is fully working.

Charlie Chan will be eternally grateful.