iPhone 3GS

Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

slide to unlock not working reliably after screen replacement

I replaced the screen on my 3gS with thanks to the instructions. It went smoothly except the old screen was a little tough to get off until I got the hang of it.

However, now the slide to unlock or slide to power off is really hard to do - usually doesn't work. Sometimes with a really light touch I can get it to work.

However, the e, s, d keys no longer work. The other keys do work.

The phone worked great before I changed the screen.

I've tried re-seating the three connectors several times, no dice, same result. Any ideas on what to do?

Problem solved. I got a bad screen. Ifixit sent me a new one right away and it works perfectly.

is it definately the right part? not for a 3g?

try doing reset. press and hold power and home button for 10seconds, apple logo will appear then allow to reboot.

I contacted ifixit, they are sending me a new unit. Maybe I got a bad one. Good customer service on their part!

jgutierrez will be eternally grateful.