The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is a cellular smartphone that was released in October 2014. The Galaxy Note 4 Model Number is SM-N910, SM-N910A, SM-N910T, SM-N910V, or SM-N910R4 for American variants.

Phone wont charge or turn on.

Bought a new battery, but it did nothing, the phone will not turn on or any feedback from pressing the power button, the LED does not turn on either to show charging, iv tried different chargers as well. The phone get's really hot though especially around the camera. and the phone had full battery before it just turned off and did not turn back on so i dont think its the charging port. Any help would be awesome im not trying to spend money on a new phone if i don't have to

I'm having the same issue with my mothers phone. It shut off and wont turn back on. There's no power or indication when charging either.. Tried switching batteries as well. But didn't help. Has anyone answered this question?

Try booting in safe mode(instructions in a comment below) to get your phone started again and then get one of the apps mentioned. I'm using Wakelock. I was having all of these problems and it definitely got my phone running again. However, like Farknocker said, the phone has problems booting back up if you do a restart, power down, or your battery dies. If i feel I need to restart my phone i've been booting into safe mode then once restarted I disable safe mode and it reboots normally. Annoying but it'll get me through until the Note 8 comes out.

My phone also cannot turn on. No light no display no sound no vibration. Tried all the methods given here and also methods on youtube but all didn't work. I didn't want to waste money on another phone as I can change new phone next year when I recontract.

Help!!!! My phone also like this! Unable to on at all. It does not charge. No sound. No display. No light. No vibration. Nothing. Tried all the methods here and also some methods on youtube but nothin helps. Totally cannot use. I don't want to waste money to buy any other phone as I can change new phone next year when I recontract

Thanks Robert, but? how do you get app if phone wont turn on to get you to google.com to get app?

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

The most likely cause in this incidence is that the phone is dead. This happens when apps may be too power consuming or the phone does not have a powerful enough cpu to run the app. This makes the phone overheat and as a result fry the motherboard, leaving it unusable. No matter what you do (changing the battery, using different chargers) the phone will not turn on. Unfortunately for your case you will have to buy a new phone.

Hope this made it a bit clearer,

Nathan

Yeah, this is exactly what happened to my old Samsung Note 4. I'm pretty sure it's because of its age, so don't go beating yourself up, just save some money up and buy a new phone.

I almost did this, but I persevered.

I followed Jay D's advice.

--I've delt with this a few times. First try a soft reset. Take the battery out and hold the power button down for 1 minute with the battery out. Put the battery back in and try to power it on. If that doesn't work try hooking it up to your computer with a USB cord and see if your comp can see the phone and turns it on. Last if those 2 fail you can try to start it in safe mode.--

Thanks Jay D @jaydeeeze

Most Helpful Answer

1.

Put in freezer for 20-30mins make sure battery is in different bag (take battery out of phone ) this is not gimmick works on all Samsung's that work fine when running but have the won't turn on and charge problem

2.

Put on charge for a few minutes then start phone

3.

Install wake lock from google play for running probs and engage partial wake lock in app

This will stop phone from shutting down and your phone will run like new even with all the crappy updates

I did this as phone kept shutting down and restarting

New battery is a must for note 4 older than 2 years

And last but not least for God sake don't let your note 4 run out of charge and turn off they don't like it lol

If this does happen just do step 1 again if having problems starting phone

1. note 4 won't charge
  2. note 4 just turns off
  3. note 4 shuts down
  4. note 4 crashing
  5. note 4 won't charge
  6. note 4 won't turn on

Oh and take out SIM card and sd card before process

Thank you Jade! The freezer trick got my Note 4 working again.

Holy crap, the freezer trick works! What the heck? Anyways, totally saved my Note 4 and everything on it. *note to self: Get a new battery.

Hi, do i put battery also int eh freezer??

This actually worked to a T, I thought I would have to get a new phone. Nope! And I'm now installing the wake lock to keep this from happnening again. Thank you for sharing this trick.

I've delt with this a few times. First try a soft reset. Take the battery out and hold the power button down for 1 minute with the battery out. Put the battery back in and try to power it on. If that doesn't work try hooking it up to your computer with a USB cord and see if your comp can see the phone and turns it on. Last if those 2 fail you can try to start it in safe mode.

Turn off the phone completely.

Press and hold the Power key and the Volume Down key.

When the phone starts to boot, release the Power key but continue holding the Vol Down key until the phone finished restarting.

Safe mode will be displayed at the lower left corner; you may release the Volume Down key now.

If safe mode doesn't work the last thing you can try is recovery mode.

This procedure will attempt to boot the phone up to its barebones. It means that the device will be booted up without loading the usual Android GUI. This is the final step so if it failed, then there’s nothing much you can do about the device but to let the technician sort things out for you.

You don’t need to do anything if the phone booted up in recovery mode successfully. All we wanted to know if it still capable of powering all its components up. Here’s how you boot in recovery…

Turn off the Galaxy Note 4 completely.

Press and hold the Volume Up and the Home keys together, then press and hold the Power key.

When the Note 4 vibrates, release both the Home and Power keys but continue holding the Volume Up key.

When the Android System Recovery shows on the screen, release the Vol Up key.

If it doesn't turn on in any of these steps you might need a new phone. The number 1 thing is to be 100% sure you have a good charged battery. If you can try it in a diff phone to make sure then do that. I had to buy a wall charger for mine and when it was charged it would turn green. My charge port was messed up and it would tell me I had 100% charge and then the phone would turn off and the charge port would stop working for days a time sometimes. Good luck

im trying it now

First of three suggestions worked.

Ive experienced that way back 2014 But in my Galaxy note 2 .its calles sds or sudden death syndrome your board is dead my phone tested and they said my board is dead /Grounded so what i did is i open up the phone remove and turn back the flexes to the board charge it while it is open and boom it works i dont know why this happen but you should try it :) we have the same issue the only diff is you got note 4 and i have note 2 and samaung is known for That sudden death syndrome on their old phone i know how good note series are but i let go my note 2 and never go back again to samsung because of that incident i wish it help try give it a shot .I think the motherboard just need a colder temp. To charge again

Could you explain better, remove And turn back The flexes?

If Note4 won’t power on…

Another thing to try:

-Worked on another Note4 with problem, and did work for me...

-Connect it to a FAST Charger (the one that comes with phone)

-Wait for 30 sec or so, then try again (unplug/plug-in), if it fails

(Should see a "Lightning Bolt" icon on the screen... then try to power on)

-Being a “power” problem, this can JERK it back into booting!

-If it gets HOT, then try switching over to a normal USB charger to continue charging

Oh yea, and its a good idea to put in a PARTIALLY charged battery 30-80% so that it DOES go into fast charging mode. Dont put 0 or 100% charged in, if you can help it... (I have 4 Note4's with extra batteries, so I have tons of options). P.S. I now have TWO Note4's with this problem! These samsung guys should be SUED!!! I have a couple of great phones to prove it if anyone does a class action on them!

A class action lawsuit against Samsung was filed in August 2017 by three plaintiffs suffering from the same or similar problems many have been experiencing with the Note 4. The Plaintiffs allege that Samsung sold the Note 4 with knowledge that it contains a defective chip that would fail.

As an aside, the only known method of repairing the phone is to replace the logic board or motherboard. You can obtain used logic board on eBay. There are also a number of DIY videos on Youtube if you care to brave the change yourself.

IMO, the Note 4 still reigns as a superior product in terms of features. Not even the the Note 8 has the features of the Note 4. I bought 2 brand new Note 4s. One died on me 22 months after purchase. The second one is dying after only 10 months of use. Both phones used the app, Wakelock, to keep them going but even this app didn't save my first Note 4. It died and wouldn't restart after AT&T pushed and OS update to myphone. I replaced the first one with a used Note 4 bought locally through Craigslist for $90. If the phone only lasts a year and I have to keep buying a replacement at < $100, I'm still saving money over buying a $750 - $800 product which only lasts two years.

Good luck.

Sorry for my bad English ... I bought my note 4 11/2014 played with it for about 15 minutes then for some reasons I left it for about two years now it does not charge. I purchased new original samsung battery but still not charging. I tried charged battery but the phone does not turn on. I can not believe that new phone runs about 15 minutes then stops working and I can not imagine that my phone will be opened and repaired while it worked for only 15 minutes ...!!!!!!!!!!

Buy another motherboard. Easy to install and only 50.00 ebay

if your phone dont work go to the store that your phone came from and they going to ask you what happend to your phone you have to tell them what heppend to it ok

the same thing happened to me to me but my doesnt get hot and i have tried relplacing the battery you can try buying a wireless charger thats what i did and it worked

Hi , i need help, i have the same problem on my GALAXY NOTE EDGE , I posted here because it seems that Note 4 and Note Edge are similar, anyways , my phone started freezing and working slow , and lately started shutting off by itself and demanding a reboot and it didnt work so everytime i take the battery off for a few minuts and turn it on again and it works after trying for couple times or sometimes he start easy from the first try, and it keeps doing that for about two weeks , but last night he shut off and never came back to life , i tried everything , the repoot trick by holing the home buttom nd the volume one , tried to take the battery off and hold on the power key for 1 min , 2 min, 3 min .... and more and then put back the battery and never owrked to ... i dont know what to do , i dont want to loose my phone , arround 10 GB videos and picturs and documents are stuck there and i dont know what to do, do please any help ???/ any suggessions ??? sorry for my english if there is any mistakes

same problem with my Note 4

I bought the note 4 almost 2 years ago but about 3 months ago after battery problem I put in a new battery after 1 month the phone started and turning off automatically and I factory reseted it but after that the problem continued and I tried to factory reset again but after that the phone never turned on

I have problem with my Note 4 Edge. It wont turn on with safe mode, hard reset and all the stuff. It wont take any charger. It just dont charge my phone. Please help me . Im going to waste money because of this. If there is anything you know, tell me. Sorry for my bad English. Thanks!

What if my phone not showing its charging but when the screen went blank it was charged but I'm not getting any light's on it

because you have to go to the store to figure out what happend to your phone then they going to know and they going to figure it out by there self

i had the same to with my talblet

The note 4 mainly focuses on attracting the various individuals in a very short span of time. Even these individuals initiated and shown interest in buying the product for every regular interval successfully. I am also Facing Note 4 won't turn on issue. Finally i am fixed this problem. I refer one one website check out there.

This whacky advice about the freezer actually WORKS!! I've done it twice already in circumstances where I thought my note 4 was totally bricked. In each case it came back to life. The way I do it is to put my phone and my battery into seperate ziploc baggies. I then put them in the freezer for 10 minutes. After taking it out, I depress the home button on my phone (without the battery in it) for about 30 seconds. I then put the battery back in and start it in a normal fashion.

Shawn Akumalla will be eternally grateful.