The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is a cellular smartphone that was released in October 2014. The Galaxy Note 4 Model Number is SM-N910, SM-N910A, SM-N910T, SM-N910V, or SM-N910R4 for American variants.

Phone wont charge or turn on.

Bought a new battery, but it did nothing, the phone will not turn on or any feedback from pressing the power button, the LED does not turn on either to show charging, iv tried different chargers as well. The phone get's really hot though especially around the camera. and the phone had full battery before it just turned off and did not turn back on so i dont think its the charging port. Any help would be awesome im not trying to spend money on a new phone if i don't have to

I'm having the same issue with my mothers phone. It shut off and wont turn back on. There's no power or indication when charging either.. Tried switching batteries as well. But didn't help. Has anyone answered this question?

I SOLVED IT!!!!

After Almost A Week Of Searching And Almost Ripping My Hair Out I Seemed To Have Fixed And Solved The Problem With The Samsung Galaxy Note

4!

I Got A New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 In June Of 2017 And After Owning It For About 2 Days It Started To Shut Off By Itself, Reboot And Show Me A Black Screen

For No Reason... I Don't Remember Installing An Update So The Phone Must Have Done It Automatically, But The Update Is Why Everyone Is Having Problems With Their Note 4.

The Problem IS NOT YOUR PHONE...... IT IS THE UPDATE ON YOUR PHONE!

After Doing TONS Of Reading I Discovered Most Users Have Noticed Their Phone Starts Rebooting, Looping, Lagging, Crashing, Shutting Down, Turning Off,

Booting, Dying, Freezing, Restarting By Itself, Overheating, Powering Off And Having Lots Of Other Bugs And Problems After Installing New Marshmallow Update On The Note 4.

I Tried Everything From Performing The Soft Reset, Plugging The Phone In To Charge, Plugging The Phone In To A Computer, Trying A Different USB Cable,

Trying To Booting The Phone In Safe Mode And Trying To Boot The Phone In Recovery Mode As Well... And Still No Luck....

But I Didn't Want To Lose All My Photos Or My Data And I Really Didn't Want To Throw Out A Phone That I Just Paid For....

So I Kept Searching And Searching And Reading And Reading And After Another Week Of Trying To Solve The Problem I Came Across And OLD Blog Post For An LG

Phone That Was Having The Same Problems The Note 4 Phones Are Now Having.

The Problem Was This.....

Every Phone Has A "DEEP SLEEP MODE" To Save Power When The Phone Is Not Active Or Being Used.

The Problem With The LG Phone I Was That A Certain Update That Had An Error And It Would Cause The Phone Restart, Turn Off, Reboot And Have Tons Of Other

Problems Everytime The Phone Tried To Use "Deep Sleep Mode".

THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE NOTE 4 PHONES!!!!!!!

Once I Knew What The Problem Was I Was Able To Do A Better Search For A Solution.... And I Found It!

There Is An App Called "Note 4 Fix (Power, Shut Down, Restart, Loop)" In The Google Play Store That Will Stop Your Phone From Using "Deep Sleep Mode" And Will Keep Your CPU Active So Your Phone Doesn't Restart, Turn Off Or Have Any More Problems. The App Does Use A Little Bit Of Battery Power But At least It Will Bring Your Phone Back To Life! I Have Personally Tried This App From Google Play And I Have Not A Single Problem With My Note 4 Since I Installed It.

I Do Not Get Paid To Promote This App And TO BE HONEST I Was A Little Skeptical To Try It At First But I Totally Ran Out Of Options......

And What Do You Know???? IT WORKED!!!!!

It's Worth The Try Before You Throw Your Phone Out Or Lose All Your Contacts And Photos.

You Can Check Out The Note 4 Fix App Here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...

I Hope It Helps Someone As Much As It Helped Me And Saves Tons Of Hours And Searching!

Good Luck With Your Phones!

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

I've delt with this a few times. First try a soft reset. Take the battery out and hold the power button down for 1 minute with the battery out. Put the battery back in and try to power it on. If that doesn't work try hooking it up to your computer with a USB cord and see if your comp can see the phone and turns it on. Last if those 2 fail you can try to start it in safe mode.

Turn off the phone completely.

Press and hold the Power key and the Volume Down key.

When the phone starts to boot, release the Power key but continue holding the Vol Down key until the phone finished restarting.

Safe mode will be displayed at the lower left corner; you may release the Volume Down key now.

If safe mode doesn't work the last thing you can try is recovery mode.

This procedure will attempt to boot the phone up to its barebones. It means that the device will be booted up without loading the usual Android GUI. This is the final step so if it failed, then there’s nothing much you can do about the device but to let the technician sort things out for you.

You don’t need to do anything if the phone booted up in recovery mode successfully. All we wanted to know if it still capable of powering all its components up. Here’s how you boot in recovery…

Turn off the Galaxy Note 4 completely.

Press and hold the Volume Up and the Home keys together, then press and hold the Power key.

When the Note 4 vibrates, release both the Home and Power keys but continue holding the Volume Up key.

When the Android System Recovery shows on the screen, release the Vol Up key.

If it doesn't turn on in any of these steps you might need a new phone. The number 1 thing is to be 100% sure you have a good charged battery. If you can try it in a diff phone to make sure then do that. I had to buy a wall charger for mine and when it was charged it would turn green. My charge port was messed up and it would tell me I had 100% charge and then the phone would turn off and the charge port would stop working for days a time sometimes. Good luck

im trying it now

First of three suggestions worked.

1.

Put in freezer for 20-30mins make sure battery is in different bag (take battery out of phone ) this is not gimmick works on all Samsung's that work fine when running but have the won't turn on and charge problem

2.

Put on charge for a few minutes then start phone

3.

Install wake lock from google play for running probs and engage partial wake lock in app

This will stop phone from shutting down and your phone will run like new even with all the crappy updates

I did this as phone kept shutting down and restarting

New battery is a must for note 4 older than 2 years

And last but not least for God sake don't let your note 4 run out of charge and turn off they don't like it lol

If this does happen just do step 1 again if having problems starting phone

1. note 4 won't charge
  2. note 4 just turns off
  3. note 4 shuts down
  4. note 4 crashing
  5. note 4 won't charge
  6. note 4 won't turn on

Oh and take out SIM card and sd card before process

Thank you Jade! The freezer trick got my Note 4 working again.

Holy crap, the freezer trick works! What the heck? Anyways, totally saved my Note 4 and everything on it. *note to self: Get a new battery.

Hi, do i put battery also int eh freezer??

Ive experienced that way back 2014 But in my Galaxy note 2 .its calles sds or sudden death syndrome your board is dead my phone tested and they said my board is dead /Grounded so what i did is i open up the phone remove and turn back the flexes to the board charge it while it is open and boom it works i dont know why this happen but you should try it :) we have the same issue the only diff is you got note 4 and i have note 2 and samaung is known for That sudden death syndrome on their old phone i know how good note series are but i let go my note 2 and never go back again to samsung because of that incident i wish it help try give it a shot .I think the motherboard just need a colder temp. To charge again

If Note4 won’t power on…

Another thing to try:

-Worked on another Note4 with problem, and did work for me...

-Connect it to a FAST Charger (the one that comes with phone)

-Wait for 30 sec or so, then try again (unplug/plug-in), if it fails

(Should see a "Lightning Bolt" icon on the screen... then try to power on)

-Being a “power” problem, this can JERK it back into booting!

-If it gets HOT, then try switching over to a normal USB charger to continue charging

Oh yea, and its a good idea to put in a PARTIALLY charged battery 30-80% so that it DOES go into fast charging mode. Dont put 0 or 100% charged in, if you can help it... (I have 4 Note4's with extra batteries, so I have tons of options). P.S. I now have TWO Note4's with this problem! These samsung guys should be SUED!!! I have a couple of great phones to prove it if anyone does a class action on them!

A class action lawsuit against Samsung was filed in August 2017 by three plaintiffs suffering from the same or similar problems many have been experiencing with the Note 4. The Plaintiffs allege that Samsung sold the Note 4 with knowledge that it contains a defective chip that would fail.

As an aside, the only known method of repairing the phone is to replace the logic board or motherboard. You can obtain used logic board on eBay. There are also a number of DIY videos on Youtube if you care to brave the change yourself.

IMO, the Note 4 still reigns as a superior product in terms of features. Not even the the Note 8 has the features of the Note 4. I bought 2 brand new Note 4s. One died on me 22 months after purchase. The second one is dying after only 10 months of use. Both phones used the app, Wakelock, to keep them going but even this app didn't save my first Note 4. It died and wouldn't restart after AT&T pushed and OS update to myphone. I replaced the first one with a used Note 4 bought locally through Craigslist for $90. If the phone only lasts a year and I have to keep buying a replacement at < $100, I'm still saving money over buying a $750 - $800 product which only lasts two years.

Good luck.

Sorry for my bad English ... I bought my note 4 11/2014 played with it for about 15 minutes then for some reasons I left it for about two years now it does not charge. I purchased new original samsung battery but still not charging. I tried charged battery but the phone does not turn on. I can not believe that new phone runs about 15 minutes then stops working and I can not imagine that my phone will be opened and repaired while it worked for only 15 minutes ...!!!!!!!!!!

Buy another motherboard. Easy to install and only 50.00 ebay

the same thing happened to me to me but my doesnt get hot and i have tried relplacing the battery you can try buying a wireless charger thats what i did and it worked

Hi , i need help, i have the same problem on my GALAXY NOTE EDGE , I posted here because it seems that Note 4 and Note Edge are similar, anyways , my phone started freezing and working slow , and lately started shutting off by itself and demanding a reboot and it didnt work so everytime i take the battery off for a few minuts and turn it on again and it works after trying for couple times or sometimes he start easy from the first try, and it keeps doing that for about two weeks , but last night he shut off and never came back to life , i tried everything , the repoot trick by holing the home buttom nd the volume one , tried to take the battery off and hold on the power key for 1 min , 2 min, 3 min .... and more and then put back the battery and never owrked to ... i dont know what to do , i dont want to loose my phone , arround 10 GB videos and picturs and documents are stuck there and i dont know what to do, do please any help ???/ any suggessions ??? sorry for my english if there is any mistakes

same problem with my Note 4

I just found this link, but I haven't tried it yet.

Phone wont charge or turn on..

I bought the note 4 almost 2 years ago but about 3 months ago after battery problem I put in a new battery after 1 month the phone started and turning off automatically and I factory reseted it but after that the problem continued and I tried to factory reset again but after that the phone never turned on

I have problem with my Note 4 Edge. It wont turn on with safe mode, hard reset and all the stuff. It wont take any charger. It just dont charge my phone. Please help me . Im going to waste money because of this. If there is anything you know, tell me. Sorry for my bad English. Thanks!

The Note 4 was completely dead. It wouldn't start or even charge after an update and a few weeks of turning on and off by itself as well as getting stuck at boot. Just saw the earlier post from Jade about the freezer trick for 20 to 30 minutes with the phone and battery in separate bags. Popped them in the freezer and after just about 30 minutes pulled them out put the battery back in and put it on the charger and it worked!!! After letting it charge to 20 percent I started it and installed Wake Lock on Google Play Store and set it to partial wake lock in the apk like Jade had said to do above. So far so good but well see if it holds up.

Shawn Akumalla will be eternally grateful.