The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is a cellular smartphone that was released in October 2014. The Galaxy Note 4 Model Number is SM-N910, SM-N910A, SM-N910T, SM-N910V, or SM-N910R4 for American variants.

Phone wont charge or turn on.

Bought a new battery, but it did nothing, the phone will not turn on or any feedback from pressing the power button, the LED does not turn on either to show charging, iv tried different chargers as well. The phone get's really hot though especially around the camera. and the phone had full battery before it just turned off and did not turn back on so i dont think its the charging port. Any help would be awesome im not trying to spend money on a new phone if i don't have to

I'm having the same issue with my mothers phone. It shut off and wont turn back on. There's no power or indication when charging either.. Tried switching batteries as well. But didn't help. Has anyone answered this question?

I SOLVED IT!!!!

After Almost A Week Of Searching And Almost Ripping My Hair Out I Seemed To Have Fixed And Solved The Problem With The Samsung Galaxy Note

4!

I Got A New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 In June Of 2017 And After Owning It For About 2 Days It Started To Shut Off By Itself, Reboot And Show Me A Black Screen

For No Reason... I Don't Remember Installing An Update So The Phone Must Have Done It Automatically, But The Update Is Why Everyone Is Having Problems With Their Note 4.

The Problem IS NOT YOUR PHONE...... IT IS THE UPDATE ON YOUR PHONE!

After Doing TONS Of Reading I Discovered Most Users Have Noticed Their Phone Starts Rebooting, Looping, Lagging, Crashing, Shutting Down, Turning Off,

Booting, Dying, Freezing, Restarting By Itself, Overheating, Powering Off And Having Lots Of Other Bugs And Problems After Installing New Marshmallow Update On The Note 4.

I Tried Everything From Performing The Soft Reset, Plugging The Phone In To Charge, Plugging The Phone In To A Computer, Trying A Different USB Cable,

Trying To Booting The Phone In Safe Mode And Trying To Boot The Phone In Recovery Mode As Well... And Still No Luck....

But I Didn't Want To Lose All My Photos Or My Data And I Really Didn't Want To Throw Out A Phone That I Just Paid For....

So I Kept Searching And Searching And Reading And Reading And After Another Week Of Trying To Solve The Problem I Came Across And OLD Blog Post For An LG

Phone That Was Having The Same Problems The Note 4 Phones Are Now Having.

The Problem Was This.....

Every Phone Has A "DEEP SLEEP MODE" To Save Power When The Phone Is Not Active Or Being Used.

The Problem With The LG Phone I Was That A Certain Update That Had An Error And It Would Cause The Phone Restart, Turn Off, Reboot And Have Tons Of Other

Problems Everytime The Phone Tried To Use "Deep Sleep Mode".

THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE NOTE 4 PHONES!!!!!!!

Once I Knew What The Problem Was I Was Able To Do A Better Search For A Solution.... And I Found It!

There Is An App Called "Note 4 Fix (Power, Shut Down, Restart, Loop)" In The Google Play Store That Will Stop Your Phone From Using "Deep Sleep Mode" And Will Keep Your CPU Active So Your Phone Doesn't Restart, Turn Off Or Have Any More Problems. The App Does Use A Little Bit Of Battery Power But At least It Will Bring Your Phone Back To Life! I Have Personally Tried This App From Google Play And I Have Not A Single Problem With My Note 4 Since I Installed It.

I Do Not Get Paid To Promote This App And TO BE HONEST I Was A Little Skeptical To Try It At First But I Totally Ran Out Of Options......

And What Do You Know???? IT WORKED!!!!!

It's Worth The Try Before You Throw Your Phone Out Or Lose All Your Contacts And Photos.

You Can Check Out The Note 4 Fix App Here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...

I Hope It Helps Someone As Much As It Helped Me And Saves Tons Of Hours And Searching!

Good Luck With Your Phones!

Most Helpful Answer

I've delt with this a few times. First try a soft reset. Take the battery out and hold the power button down for 1 minute with the battery out. Put the battery back in and try to power it on. If that doesn't work try hooking it up to your computer with a USB cord and see if your comp can see the phone and turns it on. Last if those 2 fail you can try to start it in safe mode.

Turn off the phone completely.

Press and hold the Power key and the Volume Down key.

When the phone starts to boot, release the Power key but continue holding the Vol Down key until the phone finished restarting.

Safe mode will be displayed at the lower left corner; you may release the Volume Down key now.

If safe mode doesn't work the last thing you can try is recovery mode.

This procedure will attempt to boot the phone up to its barebones. It means that the device will be booted up without loading the usual Android GUI. This is the final step so if it failed, then there’s nothing much you can do about the device but to let the technician sort things out for you.

You don’t need to do anything if the phone booted up in recovery mode successfully. All we wanted to know if it still capable of powering all its components up. Here’s how you boot in recovery…

Turn off the Galaxy Note 4 completely.

Press and hold the Volume Up and the Home keys together, then press and hold the Power key.

When the Note 4 vibrates, release both the Home and Power keys but continue holding the Volume Up key.

When the Android System Recovery shows on the screen, release the Vol Up key.

If it doesn't turn on in any of these steps you might need a new phone. The number 1 thing is to be 100% sure you have a good charged battery. If you can try it in a diff phone to make sure then do that. I had to buy a wall charger for mine and when it was charged it would turn green. My charge port was messed up and it would tell me I had 100% charge and then the phone would turn off and the charge port would stop working for days a time sometimes. Good luck

im trying it now

If Note4 won’t power on…

Another thing to try:

-Worked on another Note4 with problem, and did work for me...

-Connect it to a FAST Charger (the one that comes with phone)

-Wait for 30 sec or so, then try again (unplug/plug-in), if it fails

(Should see a "Lightning Bolt" icon on the screen... then try to power on)

-Being a “power” problem, this can JERK it back into booting!

-If it gets HOT, then try switching over to a normal USB charger to continue charging

I saw some clips at Youtube where they change the power management chip at the motherboard. Maybe this could be the answer if you would like to save all your files at your phone.

Anyone knows which chip to change? My phone is also dead.

the same thing happened to me to me but my doesnt get hot and i have tried relplacing the battery you can try buying a wireless charger thats what i did and it worked

Ive experienced that way back 2014 But in my Galaxy note 2 .its calles sds or sudden death syndrome your board is dead my phone tested and they said my board is dead /Grounded so what i did is i open up the phone remove and turn back the flexes to the board charge it while it is open and boom it works i dont know why this happen but you should try it :) we have the same issue the only diff is you got note 4 and i have note 2 and samaung is known for That sudden death syndrome on their old phone i know how good note series are but i let go my note 2 and never go back again to samsung because of that incident i wish it help try give it a shot .I think the motherboard just need a colder temp. To charge again

Amazing! Tried every deadfix I could find but my freezer brought my Note 4 back to life. Thank you whoever found this out and I'm still curious why cold does the trick.

Very Happy!

Hi there... it was me. I don't think it will work for everyone, but did work also for me. Glad it worked for you!

I tried every method. My phone just turns pn until the part when it says Galaxy Note4 ... and just stops and only the blue led comes on and that's it.

Shawn Akumalla will be eternally grateful.