If I change the motherboard on my iPhone6s what will happen?

What will happen if I change the motherboard in my iphone6s?

Ok I have a similar problem but mines a new phone model I forgot my new email and by it being a new phone I didn’t get chance to remember the number so I cannot unlock it so if I change the motherboard will it fix the problem

definitely it can fix the problem.

even the phone is in lost mode.. :-(

Also I want to upgrade it to 128gb but old phone is 32gb. Pls advise what should I do?

@omar12708 the logic board is for all intent and purposes the phone. Replacing that board is like a different phone. Not sure what you are planning on, so give us a bit of a hint of what you are up to.

Well I lost all of my iCloud password and I have no access to my gmail so I can re get it back and the closets phone shop from here is 2 hours away. So if I restore it would basically be a new phone again I will have to put all my information back?

Note that restoring it will not remove any apple ID activation lock on the iPhone.

So iCloud would stay on it?

Yes, if it has been setup to have an activation lock on it.

You can check here: https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

@omar12708 @benjamen50 is correct. IF the replacement logic board has a lock on it you cannot use it. So if you do buy a replacement you have to make sure that it is not locked. If it is not, then you must transfer all your information to your "new" phone. All your data on the "old" phone will be lost since it is stored on the logic board.

I have an iphone 7 with icloud locked.

Now seller is not giving me full details. I know that I purchased an expensive paper weight.

Now I want to make my phone in running condition. Is that possible if I change its mother board/logic board to use it normally.

Will that phone start as new device?

Can anyone help me then i will go for board purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it will. This will fix all your issues, just make sure to buy an icloud UNLOCKED one with the original home button included.

Omar will be eternally grateful.