The 8.9" version of Amazon's new high-end tablet series, released in November, 2013.

Why is my battery not charging.

My hdx 8.9 will not charge.

initially it would not charge when hooked to the cable. Even after changing the cable and light jiggling of said cable. Eventually I got it to charge to 6% before it just stopped charging again. I turned on the device got tech via mayday. But then I could not turn the device off. When the batterywent out I tried charging it again with no result. BUT now on can't tell if it's not charging or the darned power button won't work.

I'm having similar problem except the battery seems fine but it's stuck on Kindle Fire screen all of sudden. The battery is covered with Stainless Steel cover but managed to unplug and replug then turn back on and still froze on Kindle Fire screen

Please help

Hi! I am sorry to hear about the Kindle not wanting to charge for you but I have a few questions to better assess where the problem is coming from. Anything else you can think of that I didn't touch on could be helpful as well.

Questions

• Have you opened it up to see if the charging port is loose or damaged?
  • Do you have another cord to use to charge it to see if the original cable, that you tested it with, is damaged?
  • Has it been dropped, water damaged, or anything else I am not listing?
  • If all else fails, can you include to show pictures in your post of the inside of device around charging port area?

In regards to the question about pictures, I wanted to see if you can do that so everyone can get a peek at what you are looking at. Sometimes it is hard to describe technically what you are looking at and if you see anything questionable, the pictures will help and better assess the issue or issues. Sometimes the problem is one or more things affecting the device.

No I haven't opened it. I am not very experienced with electronic devices of this nature. My father was the one who fixed them :) when I do I am only worried about soldering something that small.

I did try another cord. And having a Samsung I tested on it too. The cord works

It has a screen protector and we'll as a case. Has not been dropped nor water damage.

The fact that the power button failed (which is next to the charging port) has me thinking that something must be lose.

daiana will be eternally grateful.