2.2 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz) or 2.5 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.7 GHz) quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6MB shared L3 cache.

Tea/sugar spill, recovering data from SSD

Macbook pro retina 15 inch mid 2014

I had a spill of sugary tea on my mac a few weeks ago. Immediately turned it off and left to dry. Now when I tried to turn it on the keyboard comes on but nothing more. I took it to apple who said the logic board keyboard and screen need replacement, quoted me way too much money.

I need to get my data off my hard drive and took it to a data recovery company (Kroll), who had a look and told me it had media contamination (it powers up but cannot read the data) and again quoted me way too much money.

Any idea on how I can get my data off the hard drive and on how to rescue the mac??

Its mainly family photos and documents that I have on there.

Sure. First pull the SSD card. Here's how: MacBook Pro 15" Retina Display Mid 2014 SSD Replacement

Next clean it if it got any damage to it. Here's how:

Electronics Water Damage

Get an OWC Envoy Pro and insert it, then plug it into any Mac.

These are available directly from OWC or on eBay for much less.

eman alkizwini will be eternally grateful.