Many black vertical lines, 1/8" apart across whole screen.

My TV has about 200 thin vertical black lines (!3 px across each) running along the length of the screen, perfectly spaced ~1/8" apart. They are clean, not "fuzzy" and are still, they don't move across the screen. In some parts of the screen when a strong color comes on the screen (usually a dark color) they will disappear and show that small portion of the image perfectly, ie: not dead pixels.

As I googled around I have not found anyone else presenting with this issue. It's typically a single or few lines running across, and that ends up being a broken capacitor or poor internal connection by the sounds of it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Are the lines in the same place every time you power on and off the TV?

@karldprice if those are vertical lines than it is most likely the T-con board if they are horizontal than most likely the LCD panel.

Hi there,

I have this problem too, and I was not able to fix it by changing the T-con board. It is possible that it could be cause by a fault in the main board?

BTW, the lines that I am getting are very thick vertical lines.

issueseven will be eternally grateful.