The Xbox 7MN-0001 Wireless Controller, was manufactured by Microsoft Corporation. It is the first generation Xbox One controller released, but has since been discontinued. This controller has since been supersuded by Models 1697/1698 and Model 1708. While this controller is commonly used with the Xbox One, it can also be used for PC gaming.

broken female 3.5mm jack?

Just curious if there is a way to replace/fix the 3.5mm headset jack in the xbox one controller.

Female part of the 3.5mm jack is broken! Basically with a headset plugged in directly to the 3.5mm jack if I move the headset post/plug the audio cuts out for about 15 seconds.. the audio sounds lackluster & has some white noise as well.

Any info helps, thanks!

Still looking for help.

I disassembled the controller & the small 3.5mm jack & housing is just a peice that literally sits in between the top & bottom circuit boards, it is not secured or soldered just has small circular contact points on the lower circuit board.... I took it out & nothing apeared to be damaged...

Btw..

I use a hyperx cloud 2 headset that works perfectly on any device other than the xbox one controller. I only play bf4 & forza 6.. the worst static & audio clipping is on forza 6, it produces way less/ almost no static on bf4.

I will also add that I cannot find a replacement 3.5mm jack. No one sells them & no one knows where to get one. You can find every single part for the controller, but the only part you cannot find is the 3.5mm jack

Most Helpful Answer

Show pictures? 3.5mm jacks are fairly generic so you may be able to get away with a generic part you find on ebay.

Sorry, didn't even think of posting a pic.

Here is a screen shot from a youtube video... I've put a red circle around the jack & contact points.

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/dK...[/IMG]

I also have a problem with my female 3.5mm port. After I removed the rumble packs (I have DMD and I wanted the controller lighter weight) I reassembled my controller. Now whenever I plug in my mic it causes the game I'm playing to have quite severe reverb. Chat has no reverb whatsoever. Any assistance with this problem would be fantastic. Thanks.

P. S. I have an Xbox one elite controller.

I have yet to find a solution...

In response to what "drake" said above... the xbox one controller's headphone jack is far from generic, it is a rather rediculous design.

I also removed my rumble motors but the static crackle issue was happening before removal & didn't get any worse after removal...

I'm starting to think it's more of a firmware issue with the xbox one & it's controller. When I update the controller the audio pops, goes silent, then the static returns.

I also turned my tv off while Xbone stayed on & it made no difference.

This is a widespread issue that Microsoft continues to ignore & it's complete bull crap.

I think I may have a bad cable. My headset hasn't been reverbing recently. Thanks for the response.

SUBRWHO will be eternally grateful.