The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

How to de-solder and re-solder the SIM card slot?

Yesterday I bought a pink iPhone 5c with water damage on eBay for $25 with a broken SIM card reader. It cannot get past the activation screen because it will tell you to insert a SIM card. I also got a new sim reader and a battery. Of course I'm going to give it the normal water damage treatment, but if that doesn't work, how would I de-solder and re-solder the SIM card tray/reader/thing?

Like you do any other component. There are six anchor points holding it down, and be careful to not rip the actual center contact pads. See the attached pic for an iphone 5c board with the sim reader removed. http://imgur.com/a/JkN9g

Gigabit878 will be eternally grateful.