Can only hear calls when I'm on speaker

When I make calls I cant hear the person that is talking I can only hear them when I put the phone on speaker but they can hear me. I ordered a replacement ear speaker and installed it but it didn't fix the problem, any ideas as to what could be wrong with it?

Hey Jeffrey claro,

I had this issue too, it's nothing more than your earpiece speaker. Try to put it tighter in it's socket and maybe it will work. Or someone touched the sensors and they're damaged. If so, buy a new earpiece speaker.

iPhone 6 Earpiece Speaker

iPhone 6 Earpiece Speaker Replacement

If this not works the sensors at the front camera are damaged, so you have to buy a new front camera with sensor cable.

iPhone 6 Front Camera and Sensor Cable

iPhone 6 Front-Facing Camera and Sensor Cable Replacement

iPhone 6 Earpiece Speaker Image

Product

iPhone 6 Earpiece Speaker

$14.99

iPhone 6 Front Camera and Sensor Cable Image
iPhone 6 Earpiece Speaker Image

Guide

iPhone 6 Earpiece Speaker Replacement

Difficulty: Moderate30分 - 1時間

iPhone 6 Front-Facing Camera and Sensor Cable Image

Guide

Difficulty: Moderate30 minuten - 1 uur

I replaced the earpiece but does not work. I took your advice but does not work.

Replace the front facing camera and sensor cable, hope that works.

I've already ordered them, I try tomorrow. excuse the English, use a translator

Most Helpful Answer

Have you had the screen replaced? If you have had the screen replaced it is poosible the ear speaker isn't making the full connection with the ear speaker. If you haven't had it replaced, and are still under the one year warranty with the device, i'd highly recommend taking it to apple. They shouldn't charge you anything since it is a defect in the phone. Hope this helps

I bought the phone used knowing it had these problems since I'm pretty confident I can fix them, so i don't know for sure if the screen has been replaced but i can definitely till the phone has been taken apart before most likely to replace the screen

If you want you can take the metal plate covering the ear speaker and see if its making the proper connection with the ear speaker

Also you should be able to see if tere is any branding of some sort on the screen,

Simple fix and I have repaired it a hundred times. Pretty sure the problem is that the earpiece speaker isn't sitting properly in its slot in the screen. You need to remove the bracket that holds the earpiece speaker, proximity sensor, rear facing camera. Pull the camera back and remove the earpiece speaker. Make sure that the opening isn't clogged with debris by holding it up and looking through that very small earpiece speaker opening at a light source. It should be a little dim but definitely should be able to see light through it. If this is an issue, use alcohol and Q-tips and clean that sucker. If that isn't the problem, put the speaker back in place making sure you fit the snout of the speaker nicely in the rubber grommet. One way to make sure it's where it needs to be is this...when it's where it needs to be it won't move around when you try to move it laterally.

Put everything back together and test it out. If that doesn't fix it, you need to replace the earpiece speaker.

Hope this helps.

Good morning, I have the same problem. I bought the phone used, with non-functioning earpiece. I replaced the earpiece but still does not work. I followed all the advice, but without results.

Make a call but can't hear the person only on spealer

Make a call can't hear the person on the phone only on speaker

None of that stuff up there worked. I saw a comment on another forum about sucking on the headphone jack and tried it. I burst out laughing because it was the only thing that actually worked, when I initially thought it was a joke.

Jeffrey claro will be eternally grateful.