Out of ideas, any help on repairs/upgrade Asus Ultrabook?
I've had my Asus Zenbook UX32A for 3 years and I have a few issues for it which I cannot solve at all.
1) It takes so long to boot (5 mins). It displays the windows 10 start up for a lot of this time, just seems to be very slow. I've minimised the apps on startup and performed a safe mode and clean boot to see if anything arises and nothing. On the odd occasion, it comes up with 'Driver Power State Failure' which I understand as a software issue? I've tried many troubleshooting methods for this online without much success. I usually just turn it off and boot up again which works.
2) It cannot wake from hibernation at all, I now turn off screen instructions for when the lid is closed and I now just turn it off by holding the power button.
3) It is very slow at processing. I have gone through my files and my hard drive isn't clogged with unnecessary files. I must admit I have played a lot of Football Manager (a simulation game) which is heavy on processing large databases. I wonder if I have just worn it down by long hours playing this.
4) It gets pretty hot often in the middle and right side particularly, I have recently blew into the fans to clear dust if that was the issue which seems to have eased the issue significantly. There are suggestions to clean Ultrabooks but I wouldn't feel comfortable as they seem so compact and I may struggle to put it back together!
5) Some keys don't work (up arrow, delete, and left Ctrl buttons). Not essential but a little annoying.
So my question is, I've tried a lot now to try and solve my issues I'm starting to think it's a hardware issue. I am out of my warranty, what is the best thing to do? Would a probable repair be expensive if anyone was to merely speculate what it could be? I went to my local PC shop and they wanted to charge £60 just to examine it, which is not an option for a student :(
Reason I ask all of this is this... my options.
A) Repair and keep or sell
B) Sell as is (not sure how much it would devalue in its current condition.
C) Upgrade and sell under either option.
Also, I'm not the most PC literate, I can follow online troubleshooters fine, apologies because I doubt I'll understand jargon.
Thanks for reading!
Is this a good question?