A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Power supply or apu?

I have been having a problem with getting my ps4 to turn on for the past week or so. When I try to power the system on I get the beep and a blue lite for about one second and then it goes out, when I try the button again I get nothing. I figured out that if I unplug the power chord and plug it back in I can push the button and get the same result. I also tried leaving it unplugged for several minutes and then trying it, sometimes when I do this the PlayStation will work fine for a couple of days even when I power on and off, but sometimes like right now I can't get it to do that. I have done a little bit of research and it seems that it can be one of two things, a bad power supply or some kind of faulty soldering on the apu. What I would like to know is if there is a way to know what one of the problems I have?

Usually when it won't try to power on the second time it's because of a power supply failure. That being said there are exceptions and that's not a hard and fast rule. If it were in my shop we would try a known good power supply first.

Kyle McCormick will be eternally grateful.