Complete how to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Can I connect a clients iPhone to my laptop to restore it?

I recently repaired an iphone front camera in exchange for a broken 5c. the 5c's lcd is destroyed. I want to use this phone to practice certain repairs and test certain things.

1.) can i connect it to my laptop to access itunes and restore it? i can get the itunes info and phone password from the client but id like to see if i could do so without contacting them just to learn how to do so?

2.) is there a way i can mirror the phones screen onto my laptop so i can input the password from my computer since the screen is broken?

3.) are there any useful repair practices i could be doing with it even though the screens destroyed?

Most Helpful Answer

Unfortunately, it is not possible to operate an iphone and put in the password without a working screen, but iphone 5c screens are cheap and easy to install. If you really don't want to buy a screen, you will have to your client to disable find my iphone activation lock. This link may be helpful https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365 After they successfully turn off activationlock, then restore the phone by powering it off and hold home while plugging into computer. You can power it off by holding power+home for 10 seconds.

Dairius will be eternally grateful.