Slow windows screen boot, but all fine once booted up.

So I've had this problem for a long time now and I have never been able to figure it out.

My computer takes 3-4 minutes to boot up. The bios screen is very fast, but the windows loading screen takes minutes. Once I get to the actual desktop, it boots up very quickly and everything operates very quickly/stable as well, so the only problem is at the windows loading screen right after bios.

Laptop in question: Samsung NP700Z5B-S01UB; i7-2675QM / 120 GB SSD / HD 6490M GPU / 8 GB DDR3 RAM

Stuff I have tried:

• Changing the hard-drive (Original was a 1tb hdd - I swapped it with a brand new 120gb SSD)
  • Installing the newest drivers for the CPU / GPU and anything else I could find on the Samsung support site.
  • Updating BIOS to latest firmware.
  • Messing with BIOS settings (Disabled UEFI and enabled hyperthreading)

None of these have affected the boot up time whatsoever.

Most Helpful Answer

Replace the RAM with similar configuration (PC3-1333) except the capacity. you can use even 2 or 4GB ram if available with you.

Interesting, thank you for the suggestion. I may give this a shot. I'm wondering why the capacity would matter?

RAM capacity is really matter to PC, but my answer focused on troubleshooting.

Ok ty I will try and update this thread after

helppls000 will be eternally grateful.