Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

phone calls can't hear me but I hear them

My iPhone 6 Plus works great! Nothing wrong until recently, no one can hear me on the other end of a phone call! I hear them perfectly fine. FaceTime video and audio work. It seems if the person I'm trying to call doesn't have an iPhone, I can't talk to them except text. I can record my self with a video and message. I tried switching with another person's SIM card. Still had trouble. When it first started, the person on the other end only heard static. Now they hear nothing, not even background noise. Help! What piece do I need to reconnect or replace!

Can you confirm you can do voice memo / voice record and hear the recording?

Yes. Sorry that's what I meant when saying "record myself with video and message"

Hello pauldouzat,

its seems to be issue is occurring from HD vice service on your iphone. try to do changes on below settings and restart the iPhone and check with feature phone.

tap Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE and tap Data Only.

Thanks, but I guess I forgot to mention I tried that too. Didn't cut it :/

The part usually at fault is the microphone located on the charging dock assembly. But since you have tested with voice memo / voice recorder that it is working then I doubt that part is at fault. Not really sure what to do about it here.

i don't think this is a hardware failure. get backup all data & try to perform DFU restore.

Thanks Ben. I'm really at a loss for ideas. I have no clue what to do here. Buddhika Magesh, I strongly believe it is hardware. I've reset the phone to factory settings and didn't restore from backup. Nothing so far has worked.

have same problem

pauldouzat will be eternally grateful.